Re: Forum Rule Suggestion

I think that price checking accounts should be limited to people with >100 posts. I know this will cause issues with the small percentage of the user base trying to get price checks on accounts when they are sub 100 posts but it will also eliminate any issues with people trying to bypass the posting limit to sell. There was one such post made earlier today. This helps eliminate (not wholly) some of the issues that occur with users who scam other users with account sales. I think this will also clear up any confusion about what the account sales and price check sections are for. This gives the OSBot staff the most information to work with as well as the interaction between the seller and the buyer would have started due to a sellers thread and not a PM conversation that leads offsite. Similarly this will stop any spam of users saying "It doesn't matter, you need 100 posts" on price checks and lower the amount of moderation the staff will have to do.

I realize any user dealing with someone who is under 100 posts is at their own discretion but the price check section currently facilitates the relationship between buyer and seller when that is what the account sales section should be for. Adding this post count will add another layer of security to marketplace transaction in regards to account sales. 

Quoting myself below for some more clarity:

It's seems I was unclear (or all the replies are confusing the situation) with what the intention was of this idea. The focus of most of the replies here are about the marketplace spam and while I don't agree that isn't part of this issue what I'm trying to talk about is the people who are less than 100 posts who only post price checks for the purpose of selling the accounts. Are the mods expected to moderate PMs for all those users who are less than 100 posts within the price check forum? It's very easy to contact one of those users and set up a deal onsite/offsite for their price checked accounts. Is that not breaking the rules? I also had only meant that by implementing this it would help combat the issue of comments, nothing more.

Edited by w0000ticus
  • Like 1

Price check has nothing to do with the actual sale of an account. It’s simply getting an estimate. I don’t think there should be an requirement for you checking your account worth. 

How about instead, we just infraction the people who spam the market? There are too many threads where people just spam ‘worthless’, ‘not 100 pc’, etc when that’s not what is being asked. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, w0000ticus said:

I think that price checking accounts should be limited to people with >100 posts. I know this will cause issues with the small percentage of the user base trying to get price checks on accounts when they are sub 100 posts but it will also eliminate any issues with people trying to bypass the posting limit to sell. There was one such post made earlier today. This helps eliminate (not wholly) some of the issues that occur with users who scam other users with account sales. I think this will also clear up any confusion about what the account sales and price check sections are for. This gives the OSBot staff the most information to work with as well as the interaction between the seller and the buyer would have started due to a sellers thread and not a PM conversation that leads offsite. Similarly this will stop any spam of users saying "It doesn't matter, you need 100 posts" on price checks and lower the amount of moderation the staff will have to do.

I realize any user dealing with someone who is under 100 posts is at their own discretion but the price check section currently facilitates the relationship between buyer and seller when that is what the account sales section should be for. Adding this post count will add another layer of security to marketplace transaction in regards to account sales. 

11 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Price check has nothing to do with the actual sale of an account. It’s simply getting an estimate. I don’t think there should be an requirement for you checking your account worth.  

How about instead, we just infraction the people who spam the market? There are too many threads where people just spam ‘worthless’, ‘not 100 pc’, etc when that’s not what is being asked. 

I agree with both...but what is the difference with saying its worthless and saying its worth for example 100m when its worth 10m at most...?  

This was my point earlier, exactly what @RoomScape has said. I wasn't being funny, although you seemed to get offended.. Just because somebody is asking for a PC doesn't mean they want to sell. They could be going for 'x' amount of value before selling, or just want a general idea of the worth..  People just jump on the bandwagon and say 'worthless because you aren't trusted'... It's just completely unhealthy and UN-neccessary.

4 minutes ago, totedem said:

I agree with both...but what is the difference with saying its worthless and saying its worth for example 100m when its worth 10m at most...?  

Like I saw someone mention earlier, a completely fresh tutorial island account is worth 75-100k depending on the seller. So no account is worthless. If you believe it to be worthless then just don’t post man. It’s not that hard a thing to understand. Let the owner figure that out but you posting it being worthless is just spam and not needed in the market. 

And if someone says 100m call them out and say it’s only 10m at most. But shitposting just to say it’s worthless is just that - shitposting in market. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Like I saw someone mention earlier, a completely fresh tutorial island account is worth 75-100k depending on the seller. So no account is worthless. If you believe it to be worthless then just don’t post man. It’s not that hard a thing to understand. Let the owner figure that out but you posting it being worthless is just spam and not needed in the market. 

And if someone says 100m call them out and say it’s only 10m at most. But shitposting just to say it’s worthless is just that - shitposting in market. 

if an account with shit stats has a 2day ban its worthless to me and to many.... its not spam. and if you think its spam saying the acc is worth 100m is also spam. its just someone's opinion that's why its called a price check. and trying to bash me on saying its worthless is just backing up the other guy that I had the argument with, wich he then later did the exact same thing. so I don't know why your trying to make an argument out of this there is no need for it.....its WORTHLESS 2DAY BAN acc to me and that's it if someone wants to pay 100m for it go right ahead. like even 1m sure to spam world 1 your youtube channel or w.e sure its good for about 1 hour till its perm banned u might as well just make a tut acc and have it last for longer.

edit.. also I want to add that ive been on osbot for a while now and have been vip for a few months and own a bunch of scripts ... and ive been posting randomly trying to get 100 posts so I can sell acc . its not fair that some guy with 5 pc is trying to sell an account because after the thread was taken down he made a new one trying to legit sell it...

Edited by totedem

4 minutes ago, totedem said:

if an account with shit stats has a 2day ban its worthless to me and to many.... its not spam. and if you think its spam saying the acc is worth 100m is also spam. its just someone's opinion that's why its called a price check. and trying to bash me on saying its worthless is just backing up the other guy that I had the argument with, wich he then later did the exact same thing. so I don't know why your trying to make an argument out of this there is no need for it.....its WORTHLESS 2DAY BAN acc to me and that's it if someone wants to pay 100m for it go right ahead. like even 1m sure to spam world 1 your youtube channel or w.e sure its good for about 1 hour till its perm banned u might as well just make a tut acc and have it last for longer.

A 2 day ban is irrelevant to a player who may want to buy to play the account legit. An account with 70/70/70, 100+ qps and void is not worthless.

7 minutes ago, totedem said:

edit.. also I want to add that ive been on osbot for a while now and have been vip for a few months and own a bunch of scripts ... and ive been posting randomly trying to get 100 posts so I can sell acc . its not fair that some guy with 5 pc is trying to sell an account because after the thread was taken down he made a new one trying to legit sell it...

This isn't about selling accounts. This is about price checks. You going on to someone's thread and saying their account is worthless is pure spam in the market section, just like me going onto another guy's gold thread saying his gold price is too high and over priced is spam. If you think it's worthless then why waste your time posting that it's worthless? Everything has value, remember that.

3 minutes ago, siilentalk said:

A 2 day ban is irrelevant to a player who may want to buy to play the account legit. An account with 70/70/70, 100+ qps and void is not worthless.

once again he was not price checking the account he was trying to sell it he made another threat trying to legit sell.....and why u still talking you contradicted yourself earlier. 

Just now, totedem said:

once again he was not price checking the account he was trying to sell it he made another threat trying to legit sell.....and why u still talking you contradicted yourself earlier. 

You're turning this thread into something different because of either personal issues or because of something you want it to be. 

This thread is about price checks so let's keep it on that instead of what the OP has done prior because that is irrelevant to this.

A price check is a price check. If the account is 'worthless' in your opinion, that's fine. But why waste your time saying it's worthless? There is no definitive price to an account and it's always about opinions. RS accounts have so much diversity that it's hard to give accounts a definitive price so it's purely opinion based and how much you would pay for it. If someone would offer 5m for the account it's obviously not worthless and just because you think so doesn't make it so.

Thus, if an account is worthless then just don't post. This isn't spam and you wouldn't - or shouldn't - go into a gold sellers thread complaining that their price is too high and not to buy as that is also spam.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

This isn't about selling accounts. This is about price checks. You going on to someone's thread and saying their account is worthless is pure spam in the market section, just like me going onto another guy's gold thread saying his gold price is too high and over priced is spam. If you think it's worthless then why waste your time posting that it's worthless? Everything has value, remember that.

you still did not answer my question. what is the difference between saying its worthless to saying its worth whatever amount u wanna say like 100m? that is also considered spam and false quotes on the value of the account. I don't understand what point your trying to argue here?

Just now, totedem said:

you still did not answer my question. what is the difference between saying its worthless to saying its worth whatever amount u wanna say like 100m? that is also considered spam and false quotes on the value of the account. I don't understand what point your trying to argue here?

29 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

I thought I already answered this? Basically, every account is worth something, regardless of whether or not you'd pay for it. Just because you deem it to be worthless doesn't make it so.

And if someone is posting 100m to an fresh tutorial account that's worth around 100k or less, then that is also spam and they should be treated just as the person calling it worthless.

• Like 1

Just now, RoomScape said:

I thought I already answered this? Basically, every account is worth something, regardless of whether or not you'd pay for it. Just because you deem it to be worthless doesn't make it so.

And if someone is posting 100m to an fresh tutorial account that's worth around 100k or less, then that is also spam and they should be treated just as the person calling it worthless.

alright thank you. I can admit I may have been wrong saying its worthless even though that is my opinion. but the person just spamming some ridiculous price then bashing me on my worthless evaluation is not proper. 

1 minute ago, totedem said:

alright thank you. I can admit I may have been wrong saying its worthless even though that is my opinion. but the person just spamming some ridiculous price then bashing me on my worthless evaluation is not proper. 

No, it's spam just like the person saying it's worthless and they should be treated just like the person saying it's worthless - unless, of course, they actually want to buy the account for 100m...then that's a totally different, probably mental issue.

Also, just because it's your opinion doesn't mean you have to state it, you know what I mean? I see a lot of stuff that I have opinions about in the market but don't post it because it's not the place. If it's spam or has something to do with the topic or if I'm questioned then I'll post. But just posting your opinions everywhere is pretty pointless, waste of your time (along with the person reading it) and just completely unwanted in most situations.

Edited by RoomScape