If you care about nutrition/our planet/the animals

T H C

6 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

PM's are private. Kind of messed up talking about that type of stuff publicly.

Definitely felt like a slap in the face to me

7 minutes ago, totedem said:

everytime I try a no meat diet I fail its so fucking difficult especialy when theres restaurants advertising meats everywere u go ... family gatherings and all that bullshit always involves meat and booze and those two are my weaknesses

Search for those vegan restaurants in your area! Hopefully there are some.. as for the family gatherings tho that’s tough, especially in the beginning with the jokes and what not. It’s all about what drives your choice

9 minutes ago, totedem said:

everytime I try a no meat diet I fail its so fucking difficult especialy when theres restaurants advertising meats everywere u go ... family gatherings and all that bullshit always involves meat and booze and those two are my weaknesses

There's nothing wrong with eating meat.

There's something wrong with over eating meat. (ie. eating meat daily).

Vegans just take it to the extreme and so do other people. Meat isn't the issue here. The issue is the overeating of meat and the use of meat in every meal. 

Breakfast? Have sausage and bacon.

Lunch? Have a burger or chicken.

Dinner? Have a steak.

Dessert? Have some ice cream.

^ That is what's the issue with obese people and unhealthy people - the majority of Americans.

3 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Vegans just take it to the extreme and so do other people. Meat isn't the issue here. The issue is the overeating of meat and the use of meat in every meal. 

Dinner? Have a steak.

^ That is what's the issue with obese people and unhealthy people - the majority of Americans.

I'm not overweight I'm 6ft 200 pounds .. but yeh your right with the whole meat in every meal and every single day ... I have marinated chicken wings ready to hit the bbq and I got bell peppers nd shit but fuck once I start smelling those wings ima have to eat them.....and drink a few beers spicey wings and beers the fucking best

3 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Dinner? Have a steak.

If you’re taking it from the health perspective, everytime you choose to eat meat or any processed food, you’re turning down a healthier choice. Especially how it is now with our abundance of choice, meat is not necessary any more. We don’t hunt, we go to stores and markets.

Don’t get me wrong your point has truth, but why settle for less when all that’s at stake is your taste buds vs a longer quality of life

7 minutes ago, totedem said:

I'm not overweight I'm 6ft 200 pounds .. but yeh your right with the whole meat in every meal and every single day ... I have marinated chicken wings ready to hit the bbq and I got bell peppers nd shit but fuck once I start smelling those wings ima have to eat them.....and drink a few beers spicey wings and beers the fucking best

I'm 6'4 and 160 lbs. :(

5 minutes ago, T H C said:

If you’re taking it from the health perspective, everytime you choose to eat meat or any processed food, you’re turning down a healthier choice. Especially how it is now with our abundance of choice, meat is not necessary any more. We don’t hunt, we go to stores and markets.

Don’t get me wrong your point has truth, but why settle for less when all that’s at stake is your taste buds vs a longer quality of life

Meat isn't bad, it's all the stuff they do to the meat and the rate at which meat is consumed. But meat in itself isn't necessarily 'bad' for you.

Though the steroids and foods they feed the cows and other livestock is pretty horrendous.

I've seen quite a few of these vegan/environmental docs thanks to a very liberal psych prof. 

The issue is most major countries overeat  meats over vegetables and fruits. Not necessarily that meat is just bad, but like with all things, moderation is needed. 

The problem started major countries began blasting food ads and "plans" for their industries to flourish for the past few decades (Got Milk?, Food pyramids that were changed several times, ads claiming docs said X, etc). Basically corporate greed with government support. Governments have also taken away any chance for regular farmers to succeed with the rise of industrial methods to process animals faster and not to mention what shit they give them to "grow faster and bigger". 

Similar issues with vegetation, both are losing nutrition and are becoming tainted more and more in the good name of profit. 
There is first world places like some Asian countries, that serve a great example of self control when it comes to meat in their diets, resulting in fewer health issues vs others. Most noticeably colon cancer and health problems. 

However, being full vegan or vegetarian is not really sustainable as healthy way to live; we really dont know much other than the fact it is a great temp diet to help with weight and health issues VS long term  a few  examples of deficiencies caused by this by purely living this way. As a temp diet, of course is great, it starts helping with several issues caused by lifelong unhealthy diets to a certain point.

What I realized from my experience seeing vegans and vegetarians are either people who are/were overweight and continued the diet thinking its sustainable forever or just simply fad/trendy people that spew things without knowing what they're talking about. 

Most of these documentaries try grouping several environmental, health, and animal abuse issues with very little linking to prove anything other than appealing to emotion rather than providing solid history and evidence. They do a great job at identifying issues but try to hard to force a relation between one another to support the vegan life bs. Great for information on how food is being changed, tainted, abused, and how the government helped sustain it despite the obvious rising health issues.