Tell us about your noob days.

RoomScape

What's the worst thing that you've done in order to make money? 

I'll start.

----

I was F2P and had 30 smithing when I realized I could actually make money smithing steel bars. Only problem was that I had around 100k or so. #TheStruggle

Not having the Magic level to tele to Varrock, I would have to run there (normally from Lumby since that's where I normally hung out). On top of that, I always wore my strongest armor in case some mugger would try to steal my money not knowing it weighed me down.... I would run to Varrock from Lumby all the way up to the GE to buy coal and iron ores. Wait until they came in then home tele to Lumby. Going to Al-Kharid to smelt the ores, I would sometimes avoid the toll and run around to avoid oppression and save a few GP. I did this over and over until I had a few million worth of GP and used to buy like 10k worth of steel bars supplies at once. That's when I was getting the real money since I could smelt for an entire day before I had to run to Varrock instead of every hour. :D

That's when I made the big money learned I could throw away the little shit like steel bars and start making Mithril bars and eventually Adamant bars. ?

What about you guys? What's some of the shittiest things you did to make money starting out?

9 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

Way back in 04, I fell for the dumb scams promising free gold or some shit and I gave my account info. 

It was my only account, lvl 43 combat doe. Once I realized I fucked myself I contact Jagex but got denied despite giving really specific details lol 

Same thing here. I was told the guy would give me mem. He said it takes time since it's for free but he needs my user/pass and that I would have to get off for 30-60 minutes. Bro that was the happiest 30-60 minutes of my life at that point. I was randomly doing shit around my house and cleaning and stuff. Went back to log in and my password was changed.

And that was when I knew that I f'd up.

21 minutes ago, Divergent07 said:

What I did was beg for money in the rare section of Falador (North of the city). Did it until I got enough for a D Bow. Happiest day of my life but still feel guilty I resorted to begging.

Dirty begger. But seriously, how'd you manage to get a dbow out of that...?

11 minutes ago, Billyrex1999 said:

i killed cows for their hides and sold them at ge. i thought i was making bank. turns out it was like 25k/hour. 

Right? It seemed like so much to us back then, though. xD

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

back in the day like 10 years ago back in the day....I wc and fished f2p for money until I had enough if I recall full rune g was like 1mill at the time and like party ats were 500k it was retarded but yea I busted my asss to make my first million and this was before g.e u had tos ell the logs in varrock west bank then find a seller for the rune g...I remember someone was selling for such a good price I'm like omg fuck I traded him right away he showed full set...and as I was typing the money he switched out th e plate for a normal rune plate without me knowing and I accepted.....it fucking crushed me I quit for a few years....but I had a party hat and santa hat in my bank.....when I got back they were both worth millions 

3 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

And that was when I knew that I f'd up.

F

Made me lol quite a bit. :D

I used to hire (other) noobs to collect cowhides for me for 30 gp each. Little did I know, I was being middled by a guy when I sold to him for 60ea. Saw the dude selling my hides outside of fally east bank for 120ea, stopped selling to him because I got mad lul

I remember first time I decided to try PKing, went to wildy with my noob af main and got rekt by some pure,  lost my addy armor and rune 2h, got depressed af and felt like quitting. then I begged my RL friend for a new str ammy but he didn't really want to help me out, so I wined and told him I was quitting. eventually I got that str ammy and that is why I'm still playing to this very day

1 hour ago, totedem said:

back in the day like 10 years ago back in the day....I wc and fished f2p for money until I had enough if I recall full rune g was like 1mill at the time and like party ats were 500k it was retarded but yea I busted my asss to make my first million and this was before g.e u had tos ell the logs in varrock west bank then find a seller for the rune g...I remember someone was selling for such a good price I'm like omg fuck I traded him right away he showed full set...and as I was typing the money he switched out th e plate for a normal rune plate without me knowing and I accepted.....it fucking crushed me I quit for a few years....but I had a party hat and santa hat in my bank.....when I got back they were both worth millions 

Millions? More like billions. ?

And yeah, I remember the days before the GE. I had a service like thread in the forums where people would make an order of like 1k yew logs and we would cut it for them. xD Fun stuff. The GE came along and killed that service thread. :(

1 hour ago, Suorin said:

F

Made me lol quite a bit. :D

I used to hire (other) noobs to collect cowhides for me for 30 gp each. Little did I know, I was being middled by a guy when I sold to him for 60ea. Saw the dude selling my hides outside of fally east bank for 120ea, stopped selling to him because I got mad lul

Bro, the conman got conned! ??

Edit: I actually used to do the same thing with mining. I would pay people to mine coal and other ores and buy it from them then I'd go spend time trying to sell it. This was of course pre GE when I was making money and this was how I started leveling my mining and smithing stats. I found a guy who was going for 99 smith and was making bank off of him from buying these ores. :D

The GE killed so many hustlers, I swear!

1 hour ago, T H C said:

Not moneymaking, but I use to train combat at cwars back when that game was the shit. Wasted a ton of time now that I think about it but I enjoyed the hell out of it

I don't get the noob part about this.

1 hour ago, Burundanga said:

I remember first time I decided to try PKing, went to wildy with my noob af main and got rekt by some pure,  lost my addy armor and rune 2h, got depressed af and felt like quitting. then I begged my RL friend for a new str ammy but he didn't really want to help me out, so I wined and told him I was quitting. eventually I got that str ammy and that is why I'm still playing to this very day

Aye, friendship, I guess. Does it count if you had to beg him? Who knows.

When I made my first 1mil I spent it on Wizzy G and a ton of runes. I went into the wild thinking I was got damn lord moldy butt and ready to kill everyone. I got PK'd so hard I died and cried since I lost all my money... :(

Edited by RoomScape