Questions about a 1 day bot busting moderate ban i received

likely dumb

I know i'm pretty lucky to only get a 1 day ban but i have some questions about how to avoid this in the future.

So basically what happened was i was thieving on my HCIM and splashing with my main. For the first few days of this i was thieving on my laptop using the murgee autoclicker which i've never been banned with in the past. And on my PC i was splashing with my main and also autoclicking to keep it logged on.

In the past i autoclicked both 99thieving and mage on my main using a mix of gary's hood and murgee without getting an ban whatsoever. 

So what happened this time was last night my laptop kept DCing and not my PC (every 20mins or so) and i was getting annoyed because i was trying to autoclick in peace. So the murgee autoclicker had a function where i could set up the autoclicker to jump across my PC's screen to click my splasher (main) and then jump back to my HCIM and continue to spam click the ardy knights.

Well, anyways as you may have guessed i log on my HCIM today and it has a 1 day bot busting moderate ban. But... no ban on the main. The ban offense stated if i was caught again it would be a perm ban, but it would be appeal-able. So i guess what i'm wondering is did i get banned because i had recently used the jump script? it seems like too much of a coincidence for it to be any reason other than the jump script since i've never been banned for it before. i really don't care about my main but i don't want my HCIM banned. Do you think my account would be safe if i continued autoclicking without the jump script? thanks for any advice! 

Once your account receives an infraction (macro) your account is permanently under surveillance from then on more strictly than accounts who haven't been infracted. If you bot again, you'll probably get insta banned since they're literally stalking you right now to see if you bot again.

A Moderator ban means the mod physically went to you to ban you and reviewed what you did. Otherwise, it would just be a macroing minor/major ban if it was just by the automated system.

2 minutes ago, LeBron said:

Did you use random interval on autoclicker?

before i switched to the jump script i had been and hadn't been banned. but i guess now that i've been it's best not to

3 minutes ago, pkking996 said:

dont make the mistake i did, i started botting after 1 day ban and boom i lasted literally 2 hours i think lol

i was thinking about doing this but i figured i'd make this post asking first. 

3 minutes ago, likely dumb said:

Hey thanks for the reply i guess i won't do that again lol. 

are you sure that it's a 1 day ban? i've only heard of 2 day bot busting moderate bans. also yes, you are going to be highly scrutinized from now on, so you should stick to playing legit for the next year (as the infraction expires after 1 year) if you care about that account.

19 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Once your account receives an infraction (macro) your account is permanently under surveillance from then on more strictly than accounts who haven't been infracted. If you bot again, you'll probably get insta banned since they're literally stalking you right now to see if you bot again.

A Moderator ban means the mod physically went to you to ban you and reviewed what you did. Otherwise, it would just be a macroing minor/major ban if it was just by the automated system.

it says bot busting moderate, not bot busting moderator ^^

i'm not sure how bans are handed out when it comes to IM, much less HCIM, but in general if it's not a ban for hardcore goldfarming then you're more likely to get a 2 day ban instead of a perm right off the bat assuming your account isn't brand new.

2 minutes ago, myOSBaccount said:

are you sure that it's a 1 day ban? i've only heard of 2 day bot busting moderate bans. also yes, you are going to be highly scrutinized from now on, so you should stick to playing legit for the next year (as the infraction expires after 1 year) if you care about that account.

i'm not sure how bans are handed out when it comes to IM, much less HCIM, but in general if it's not a ban for hardcore goldfarming then you're more likely to get a 2 day ban instead of a perm right off the bat assuming your account isn't brand new.

yeah it's legit 1 day, expires sometime today, i legit laughed when i read it. Yeah i have no problem playing the account legit i just got away with autoclicking on my main so i figured why not do it on my HCIM and get a free 15m gp from thieving w/ little to no effort

4 minutes ago, myOSBaccount said:

It's the same thing. There's bot busting bans for bots then there's macroing minor/major.

1 minute ago, likely dumb said:

yeah it's legit 1 day, expires sometime today, i legit laughed when i read it. Yeah i have no problem playing the account legit i just got away with autoclicking on my main so i figured why not do it on my HCIM and get a free 15m gp from thieving w/ little to no effort

Jagex gives out one and two day temp bans. Other than that, it's a permanent ban as far as I know.

6 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

It's the same thing. There's bot busting bans for bots then there's macroing minor/major.

Jagex gives out one and two day temp bans. Other than that, it's a permanent ban as far as I know.

yeah i just meant that i don't think it requires a mod to physically ban you to get a bot busting moderate ban rather than a perm ban. also there is (or used to be) a 2 weeks ban for RWT for gold buyers. not sure if that's been changed, but that's not an option in this case in the first place.

15 minutes ago, myOSBaccount said:

yeah i just meant that i don't think it requires a mod to physically ban you to get a bot busting moderate ban rather than a perm ban. also there is (or used to be) a 2 weeks ban for RWT for gold buyers. not sure if that's been changed, but that's not an option in this case in the first place.

I think I remember reading that they were physical bans and that's why those are not appealable since a mod actually checked to make sure you were botting.

40 minutes ago, myOSBaccount said:

maybe (probably) some are, but definitely not all, or this wouldn't have happened:

I don't get the point of the picture.  Did he appeal it or did jagex reverse it? If they reversed it then they realized they made a mistake. If he appealed it then that's a different story.

Edit: I may be confusing the bot busting thing with another thing that I read. Who knows.

Edited by RoomScape

33 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

I don't get the point of the picture.  Did he appeal it or did jagex reverse it? If they reversed it then they realized they made a mistake. If he appealed it then that's a different story.

Edit: I may be confusing the bot busting thing with another thing that I read. Who knows.

yeah, he was falsely banned for botting and it was reversed. he's the #1 player, there's 0% that a mod would physically ban him just for it to be reversed once noticed. you're not going to manually ban the #1 player without making sure that he did commit the offense, so it must've been an automated 2 day ban due to his normally suspicious behavior.

idk what's the other thing that you read so i sure don't know ?

2 minutes ago, myOSBaccount said:

yeah, he was falsely banned for botting and it was reversed. he's the #1 player, there's 0% that a mod would physically ban him just for it to be reversed once noticed. you're not going to manually ban the #1 player without making sure that he did commit the offense, so it must've been an automated 2 day ban due to his normally suspicious behavior.

idk what's the other thing that you read so i sure don't know ?

There are actual teams of people (maybe mods) that go around looking for bots. I think that's what I was referring to thinking they were mods or something.