Botting to Help Partner Through College

pureacoustix

Hey Guys,

I am fairly new here in regards to my interaction between posts and so forth but have decided to challenge myself in order to help another.

*Backstory*

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years and she means the absolute world to me. We are both fairly young and she is coming to the stage where she is expected to go to university or some sort of further education. This is where the problem lies... In the UK, the government offer funding or loans to people entering further education however, not specific courses outside of university. The course my girlfriend wishes to take is not backed by the government in terms of offering a loan or any sort of funding. I have some money I have placed aside for her which will pay off the initial fees and first term. *She Does Not Know About This*

This is where I have set my self a goal or project to both improve my work ethic and someone else's life. I am going to record my adventure with botting, account levelling and other sources to see how much i am able to help out. I will show the exact GP made (if allowed in the rules *please update me on this) and the methods used (once again please inform me if this is breaching any rules). I am currently working full time so will be unsure on how often I can keep you guys up to date but I will try my absolute best.

Love you guys,

Pure

Spoiler

*Day 1 (Night of Creating my post)

Extremely Modest Beginnings

Ran Frost Barrows only managing to achieve 2 drops for the half hour spent running (Torag's and Dharok's Platebody). Thinking into investing time for another barrows account or possibly a Runecrafter.- 1.7 mil generated.

*Day 2

Completed another day of barrows on the one account I have membership for, had to renew a bond on the account so was only able to generate a further 1.2 mil.- 2.9 mil generated

*Day 3 

Spent the day levelling lvl 3s to 40 fishing to suicide bot on the weekend. no gains made in terms of bank.- 2.9 mil generated

*Day 4 

Took @daamurda 's idea into consideration and have begun to create fishing accounts. Thanks to @LenBuke I now have a large number of quests completed for me to move on and try new bosses. I have mid level stats (lowest 80) and wish to know what bosses to try out.- 3.5 mil generated

*Day 5

Levelling the fishing accounts and have got them the requirements to fish lobsters. However, I may just fly fish to around 50? Barrows runs completed however they came up completely dry.- 5 mil generated

*Day 6

Only on RS for around an hour on an account and completed a couple of barrows runs. Managed a Dharok's platebody drop which sold for 1.3 mil. Still trying to come up with a unique farm idea to get the ball rolling. All ideas appreciated please pm me.- 6.5 mil generated

*Day 7

Spent my time completing some house favours and a few slayer tasks. Minimal money made (300k). Also made 200k from barrows runs.- 7 mil generated

*Day 8 

Wasnt really on pc, put in a few flips and generated a 200k profit.- 7.2 mil generated

*Day 9

Completed a few slayer tasks making 500k and another bad hour of barrows only getting an Ahrim's hood.- 7.9 mil generated

*Day 10

Progress made with a few fishing accounts. Little money is made from barrows however, looking for another method (pm will be greatly appreciated).- 8.3 mil generated

*Day 11

Completed a large number of quests including Lunar Dip, One Small  Favour, Kings Ransom and a few others. Being a dumbass, I decided to forget that I ran barrows until I woke up this morning. Luckily I ran out of supplies so the script logged itself out.- 11.3 mil generated        *Thanks for the suggestion @Yowhite all input from others is appreciated.

*Day 12
Starting to try to learn Zulrah to get the start up money for the Fruity Zulrah script. Turns out I am trash at PVMing and had someone else show me that it is easily doable with runs of sub 3 mins. 20 mins of Zulrah netted me 400k.- 11.7 mil generated

*Day 13 

Bought some supplies to pk with at popular spots with my mates. managed to get a couple of good kills and saw that we are a good team to pk with. Managed to get a 1.3 mil split.- 13 mil generated

*Day 14 Through 20

Learning Bosses that are able to be multiboxed so that I able to level accounts and multibox them. Few Slayer Tasks completed manually so generated some income.- 16 mil generated

Edited by pureacoustix
update
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, THS said:

I mean, shoutout for tryna help someone else like that. But I'm just hoping you don't feel like you should have to.

Regardless, could be some good motivation to start an empire.

Don't simp out too hard fren.

Thanks Bro, Any motivation is good motivation

1 minute ago, Billyrex1999 said:

good luck! I'm very interested to see where this goes :) 

Will try keep you up to date

1 minute ago, Rxd said:

my nibba whipped, she must be good.

100% she saved me from who I was and made me who I am today :)

• Like 2

She's aware she can still take up a part time job herself, right? So what's preventing her from doing so? If you're the only one making an income, surely that's a realization to her that she needs to contribute something.

I'll be honest, unless you properly know what you're doing/intend to do I wouldn't bother a botting journey to 'help fund your girlfriend's education'. You won't make a considerable amount per day/week otherwise.

I'm not trying to berate you, but don't involve gaming into a genuine personal gain, especially for someone else.

OTT: Good luck

Edited by Darren
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, thenakaz2 said:

well get a job or do something esle botting you have to find a selling which takes time

and you need a good pc 

the hard true is that is not worth the time

I do have a job

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

She's aware she can still take up a part time job herself, right? So what's preventing her from doing so? If you're the only one making an income, surely that's a realization to her that she needs to contribute something.

I'll be honest, unless you properly know what you're doing/intend to do I wouldn't bother a botting journey to 'help fund your girlfriend's education'. You won't make a considerable amount per day/week otherwise.

I'm not trying to berate you, but don't involve gaming into a genuine personal gain, especially for someone else.

She does also have a job and does contribute. Its just her personal circumstances which i will not go into as to why she cannot afford it herself. I have been botting for a while (3+ years) and the only reason I said I was new was referring to the fact that i haven't really contributed to any community discussions. I see what you are trying to say and I respect that. 

5 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

I admire your love for your girlfriend but have you thought about why the government isn't wanting to fund her education. Maybe there is a good reason as there isn't a good return on investment or many opportunities for her to pursue once she graduates.

The reason the course isn't funded by the government is because the course is somewhat like a private school education

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pureacoustix said:

She does also have a job and does contribute. Its just her personal circumstances which i will not go into as to why she cannot afford it herself. I have been botting for a while (3+ years) and the only reason I said I was new was referring to the fact that i haven't really contributed to any community discussions. I see what you are trying to say and I respect that. 

Think long-term investments, not short-term or temporary :bulba:

• Like 1

This is completely opinionated, but, I suggest you invest in yourself before investing in someone else. Sounds very selfish, but if anything turns sour (Which I really hope doesn't happen!) at least you won't feel like you wasted your time.

OT: Good luck with you adventure, keep us posted. Remember, learn from your mistakes, and don't get discouraged! The gold-farming 'game' isn't what I remembered it to be anymore.

• Like 2