looking for super basic script requests

deadfish

Okay so, not 100% sure this is the right place to post this, but im trying to (key word trying) get my foot in the door scripting. Ive skimmed through and watched a couple tutorials for basic stuff, but im looking for an idea for a basic probably single task (likely without a GUI for now) script that isnt already covered by like a half dozen other free/nooby scripts. Because maybe then i'll be more motivated to get it running and/or keep up with it. So any ideas are Welcome. 

Also, heads up, like 99& chance i wont get anything suggested her up and running anytime soon. Sooooo, just wanting to set the expectations low. lol.

I think the best thing you can start with is something simple, and it's great that you're aiming/working towards a goal!

A good place to start is a woodcutting script, because there are 'checkpoints', and it is very expandable

1. Make the script click trees
  2. Make the script not spam click trees
  3. Add dropping to the script
  4. Add banking to the script
  5. Add variables to the script to set tree data (e.g which tree to cut)
  6. Add axe upgrade support
  7. ... you get the idea

From there, you will gain lots of useful knowledge which you can use to branch out into different, perhaps more interesting scripts, like for example a wilderness chaos altar bone gathering/burying script?

GL!

Apa

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Apaec said:

I think the best thing you can start with is something simple, and it's great that you're aiming/working towards a goal!

A good place to start is a woodcutting script, because there are 'checkpoints', and it is very expandable

1. Make the script click trees
  2. Make the script not spam click trees
  3. Add dropping to the script
  4. Add banking to the script
  5. Add variables to the script to set tree data (e.g which tree to cut)
  6. Add axe upgrade support
  7. ... you get the idea

From there, you will gain lots of useful knowledge which you can use to branch out into different, perhaps more interesting scripts, like for example a wilderness chaos altar bone gathering/burying script?

GL!

Apa

Not what i was expecting be that sounds like a really solid way to start. Thanks for the advice, and taking the time to reply!

Guess ill start one of those first and see where I can get it roughly following that roadmap :)

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, theicbm said:

Collecting snape grass on zeah. Super easy no requirements. good for ironmen. Just need a little food

Kinda had to put learning javascript on the side while some other things came up with life, but i'll put this on my pretty short list of scripts I'd like to get working. Would be a good chance to deal with banking.

7 minutes ago, guywithlsd said:

can't you fucking see he's new to scripting..he might do mistakes in terminology and stuff like that. not only that, he could be not native speaker and just say something that is not exactly what he want to say you dumdum...

New to scripting and not knowing diffrence between java and java script are different things ofc i understand he is new but come on lol you should learn java before even started scripting 

45 minutes ago, guywithlsd said:

can't you fucking see he's new to scripting..he might do mistakes in terminology and stuff like that. not only that, he could be not native speaker and just say something that is not exactly what he want to say you dumdum...

35 minutes ago, TheMcPker said:

New to scripting and not knowing diffrence between java and java script are different things ofc i understand he is new but come on lol you should learn java before even started scripting 

Im new to scripting, specifically java. I've also never used java script and wasn't aware there was a difference. My bad.

The only code I've written before was some HTML and C# for work. I've only ever dipped my toes into other stuff because of co-workers who java and such.