A Discussion on Anti-Pattern Techniques

SqueezeTheorem

From the research I've done into how MMO's, and RuneScape in particular, detect macros, it seems clear to me that one of the primary reasons bots get banned is because they're flawless. Unlike humans, they don't make mistakes. After enough time has passed, analysis software can see a very clearly defined pattern of behavior an account is following, and know with near absolute certainty it's a bot. 

With that being said, is there any legitimacy to "anti-pattern" techniques? And if there is, what kinds of pattern-disrupting behavior should a scripter try to add to a script? The traditional "randomly examine an object" and "misclick once in a while" doesn't seem to be enough. 

8 minutes ago, dreameo said:

neural networks have been trained to decide a bot vs a person, this is why they've only been getting better - said from someone can't recall.

^ Makes sense though and is very realistic

Yeah, I'd assume they use machine learning of some sort. The botting community is at a bit of a disadvantage though, since I've not seen anyone use machine learning to combat detection. 

There are still ways to elude Jagex. You can bot 24/7 with all 3 skills like att, str, def and not get banned. But that costs quite a lot of money apparently. Heck I even had it tested on an account of mine. It's still not banned!

Gained like 7 mill xp in a few days.

:boge:

Edited by John Cena

14 minutes ago, John Cena said:

There are still ways to elude Jagex. You can bot 24/7 with all 3 skills like att, str, def and not get banned. But that costs quite a lot of money apparently. Heck I even had it tested on an account of mine. It's still not banned!

Gained like 7 mill xp in a few days.

:boge:

where and what did you bot using what script and how long a day

Just now, firstmate said:

where and what did you bot using what script and how long a day

Literally it was 24/7 for a few days. Cost me 3gp/xp for the risk. I was just full DH with standard gear. That's the thing the guy I ordered from I thought he was lying but he wasn't.

To top it off the account had a quashed botting ban a few weeks prior to it.

Edited by John Cena