New laptop/chromebook

broodjepanda

5 minutes ago, broodjepanda said:

I like to take it to school and use it in the train when going home ( 4,5 hours). I have an older 15,6 asus laptop that sucks a little bit. So I'd like to just bot on that one. That's why I was thinking about chromebook, because of the good battery life. Am I able to play osrs on a chromebook?

for best performance at that price point id go for a certified refurbished one and def not go for a chromebook those are just for web surfing

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-Computer-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B0762JV14M/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1522655727&sr=8-8&keywords=i5+laptop

this is decent specs for it's pricepoint

try get a minimum of i5 and 8gb ram and if you can get a dedicated graphics card then good, but for rs one isnt really needed but if your planning to expand to other games i'd just wait and try double the money youve to spend and get a good high quality one

to play osrs on chromebook you need to install linux via crouton so you can run java applications which is just a bunch of hastle

Edited by Alextornto910
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Alextornto910 said:

for best performance at that price point id go for a certified refurbished one and def not go for a chromebook those are just for web surfing

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-Computer-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B0762JV14M/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1522655727&sr=8-8&keywords=i5+laptop

this is decent specs for it's pricepoint

try get a minimum of i5 and 8gb ram and if you can get a dedicated graphics card then good, but for rs one isnt really needed but if your planning to expand to other games i'd just wait and try double the money youve to spend and get a good high quality one

to play osrs on chromebook you need to install linux via crouton so you can run java applications which is just a bunch of hastle

that laptop is a pile of shit

I bought this HP Chromebook 13 for uni and it's soooooooooo good. The battery lasts for like 15 hours and because it's synced to your google drive you can access anything on any computer. The only downside to it is it doesn't have word, excel and all that. You can use the web apps but they don't have the same functionality. But overall, it's fast, the keyboard is nice to type on and you can download apps from the Google play store. Really happy I bought it, check it out. If you have any questions PM me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, border22 said:

I bought this HP Chromebook 13 for uni and it's soooooooooo good. The battery lasts for like 15 hours and because it's synced to your google drive you can access anything on any computer. The only downside to it is it doesn't have word, excel and all that. You can use the web apps but they don't have the same functionality. But overall, it's fast, the keyboard is nice to type on and you can download apps from the Google play store. Really happy I bought it, check it out. If you have any questions PM me.

Isn't that the one for like 700 dollars?