A New Development

liverare

EXeRBLl.png

Thread:

The content and links have been removed. However, I managed to get the links from a cached web-text version of that page on Google:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-ajScYCXVaIJ:https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/87hmhb/selling_07_accs_for_steam_cashcsgo_skins/&num=1&hl=en&gl=uk&strip=1&vwsrc=0

The links are as follows:

https://imgur.com/a/3Ihs3

zML4l0i.jpg 0HkbHS9.jpg Qis4uRp.png

https://imgur.com/a/NuQPL

pq0mDcc.jpg t3NHB4Y.png 9Bfpb5g.png

Despite there not being any usernames on display, Mod Weath was still able to ban these accounts. We can infer the following:

• Accounts can be found by bank items.
  • Accounts can be found by by quest statuses.
  • Accounts can be found by by skill levels.

To be honest, I'm not at all surprised. They have the data, after all. However, this should serve as a cautionary tale for when you decide to advertise your accounts. Make sure to omit more stuff from your screenshots, namely more skills, incomplete/not started/irrelevant quests, collapse your bank contents and put the things you want to display in one tab and screenshot that (and omit amounts), etc.

gl

:edit:

After reading the thread that sparked my interest:

I came across this:

PcIyzUX.png

I will chose to believe this is truthful damage control. They perhaps found the accounts using the quests/items/levels, then investigated them further to see whether those accounts were linked to the same owner. I don't know if Jagex can get IP addresses of Reddit users, but I don't use Reddit, so I don't know what more Mod Wreath could have pulled from the original post.

Edited by liverare
A Newer Development!
  • Like 9

Think People. If you had a game what kind of data system would you have.:cate:

You want to know what I think? Hes bluffing. This is a needle in the haystack
Or maybe...:gnome:

:sanic:Say you get a program to narrow it down  by searching all current accounts with identical stats shown, Sure that will give you probably 10-50, But then he would have to then search with of those accounts match the bank value. Bingo!

:ban::ban::ban:

1 hour ago, liverare said:

I came across this:

PcIyzUX.png

I will chose to believe this is truthful damage control. They perhaps found the accounts using the quests/items/levels, then investigated them further to see whether those accounts were linked to the same owner. I don't know if Jagex can get IP addresses of Reddit users, but I don't use Reddit, so I don't know what more Mod Wreath could have pulled from the original post.

They cannot get IP's from Reddit but they linked the two accounts with the same person with ease; that's all the proof they need.

Only reddit's staff team has access to view IP Addresses but I'm sure with the current team and with enough money they could get access to that information. However I agree with what people are saying, I think it's anecdotal, they did an internal review to find matching accounts with those stats.

You know, his reddit account "Ofnieee" actually has a runescape account? it's a unique name aswell so I don't think it's a coincidence.

072294c7da932e63ceaa26089e52f73e.png

My money is on that Weath simply looked at that account, grabbed the registered email + did a quick search to see if he actually does own those accounts and then acted on it.

This:

• Accounts can be found by bank items.
  • Accounts can be found by by quest statuses.
  • Accounts can be found by by skill levels.

May be true but it's not enough to qualify for a ban by simply posting  the images alone on reddit. Jmods CANNOT get IP addresses from Reddit, the LE have a hard enough time pulling that information and about 3 years ago Reddit made it so logged in IP's are hidden from your account view. Reddit went into full rage mode when the admin changed a single comment from the database... There's no way they would do this for a small games company.    

The dude also tried to sell the account on Sythe, sharing the exact same name.

Edited by xxZappsteRxx
  • Like 1