Hey! :D

MrMister

Hello everyone!

I've decided to jump into the OSBot community because I've read a ton of great recommendations after several days of researching OSRS botting. I also decided to pick up the Lifetime Sponsor since the one-time payment will help me focus on just writing scripts and learning how the API works. I'm a self-taught programmer with some negligible high school and college experience, but the various programming languages I've studied are: VB.NET/C#, AutoIt/AHK, some C/C++, Python, some Java, etc. I also have some PHP and MySQL database programming experience, but those are rusty since I last used them in high school.

My goal with OSBot is not to get rich, but to teach myself Java while screwing around in OSRS. I'm sure my purchase will not be wasted, and I'll try to be active in writing scripts and asking for help in the appropriate forum sections.

My next purchases will probably be a handful of proxies as I'll undoubtedly get banned from flawed buggy code, but I look at this like an investment in (hopefully) writing quality scripts for OSBot. I might pick up a VPS just for the sanity of being able to use my main computer while botting. :P

Thanks for giving this topic a read!

P.S. If anyone has any recommendations to a good proxy or VPS supplier, let me know! I already know of Virmach, but I have my eye on Blazing Proxies' dedicated package... 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MrMister said:

Hello everyone!

I've decided to jump into the OSBot community because I've read a ton of great recommendations after several days of researching OSRS botting. I also decided to pick up the Lifetime Sponsor since the one-time payment will help me focus on just writing scripts and learning how the API works. I'm a self-taught programmer with some negligible high school and college experience, but the various programming languages I've studied are: VB.NET/C#, AutoIt/AHK, some C/C++, Python, some Java, etc. I also have some PHP and MySQL database programming experience, but those are rusty since I last used them in high school.

My goal with OSBot is not to get rich, but to teach myself Java while screwing around in OSRS. I'm sure my purchase will not be wasted, and I'll try to be active in writing scripts and asking for help in the appropriate forum sections.

My next purchases will probably be a handful of proxies as I'll undoubtedly get banned from flawed buggy code, but I look at this like an investment in (hopefully) writing quality scripts for OSBot. I might pick up a VPS just for the sanity of being able to use my main computer while botting. :P

Thanks for giving this topic a read!

P.S. If anyone has any recommendations to a good proxy or VPS supplier, let me know! I already know of Virmach, but I have my eye on Blazing Proxies' dedicated package... 

Ayy, am on the same boat with learning Java. Mind asking though?

23 minutes ago, MrMister said:

I also decided to pick up the Lifetime Sponsor since the one-time payment will help me focus on just writing scripts and learning how the API works.

What do you mean by this? How does getting it help?
I'm new as well, so do tell. :D

22 minutes ago, Nix said:

Ayy, am on the same boat with learning Java. Mind asking though?

What do you mean by this? How does getting it help?
I'm new as well, so do tell. :D

Mind asking about what, Java? I know little of it, and I'm the type to want to use languages in (I guess you can call it) exercises. So if I want to learn Java, I like to apply my knowledge every step of the way. Since I'll be using OSBot to write scripts, I can apply what I pick up along the way.

Getting the Lifetime Sponsor is my way of supporting, from what I've read, great developers and it will help me in the long run. Since I'm not a big fan of paying monthly subscriptions, and since money does get tight for me from time to time, I just figured I'll throw in the $125 now, and just use the Mirror Mode to prevent bans. This also allows me to use unlimited bot tabs, it has no ads, and I get a 15% discount on premium scripts. These are all features I will require anyways, and why not shell it out now and be done with it? :P

19 minutes ago, Rxd said:

no, i'm just following the trend of new sponsors scam quitting. No personal attack again you, just memeing.

Ah gotcha! Soon I'll be able to pick up on these things. Sorry that I misunderstood! :)

Edited by MrMister

18 minutes ago, Failed4life said:

You must have signatures disabled then... anyways heres the link and you can use code "71s9csDVpp" for a 5% discount

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into this for sure, and I'll definitely use your code if I pull the trigger and buy it.

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post. I saw that my previous quoted message merged with the reply I made before that, and I assumed it would merge again with another reply.

Edited by MrMister