Macro Recorder

liverare

On 10/3/2018 at 2:11 PM, h0nestbot said:

Just got this thing yesterday.. trying to figure out what should happen while it's recording. I clicked the record button and it turned red, a little white line appears on osbot screen where my cursor has gone. Once I stop the recording what happens? Is there a file somewhere on my computer for that recording? ATM the record button is red and nothing else is telling me that its actually recording.When I click it again the macro recorder's options seem to become available again but it says nothing about what I just recorded. --Does the script have to be paused (by clicking pause on osbot client) in order for me to click things on osbot screen manually?  How do I save the recording? I have tried multiple times with 20 min+ worth of actions but then I cant figure out how to actually save the record so I can play it back.. Is it the save/save as option under file?  Plz help.

Red record button = you're recording. Click it again to stop recording. Then you can playback your recording. No file is created when you start/stop recording - it's only when you go file > save are files created.

There are 4 controls:

• Record button - this just starts/stops recording. Click it (or use hotkey) and do what you want to do in-game.
  • Play button - once you've recorded something, you can play it back.
  • Pause button - if you're playing back your recorded macro, you can pause it at any point.
  • Stop button - if your macro is playing/paused, you can completely stop it.

I thought the icons were self-explanatory, but what I'll do is perhaps merge the play and pause buttons into one and include this in the guide or something.

Some features to come in the future:

• Randomised delays.
  • Load multiple files and play through them (with the ability to shuffle through them or not), and export all of them into a single file.
  • Draw tile under mouse.
  • Create safe areas on the screen where no mouse clicks/movements will be recorded.
  • In-game paint overlay with controls.
  • Camera locking (not sure I need to add this though).
  • Speed changer.
  • And more..

Right now, I'm reworking how macro files are made as it's currently very inefficient. Even a small recording has a rather big file size, so I need to come up with a way of reducing the file size, compressing it without losing any playback quality.

I would like to keep this script free. It may be the case that I release a free 'lite' version and a VIP/premium that has all the extra stuff.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, liverare said:

I would like to keep this script free. It may be the case that I release a free 'lite' version and a VIP/premium that has all the extra stuff.

Very interested in the features, would be willing to pay for that. 

At this point I feel that ghost mouse software results in less bans then this script. Probably mainly because there is an option for relative mouse clicks instead of exact mouse clicks(what the script does I believe)

Implementing randomised delays and relative mouse positions would be huge. Also like the idea of safe areas a lot.

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Very interested in the features, would be willing to pay for that. 

At this point I feel that ghost mouse software results in less bans then this script. Probably mainly because there is an option for relative mouse clicks instead of exact mouse clicks(what the script does I believe)

Implementing randomised delays and relative mouse positions would be huge. Also like the idea of safe areas a lot.

Yesterday, there was a thread discussing auto-clickers and @Alek said the following:

12 hours ago, Alek said:

Please note that autoclickers will get you banned, both AHK and Garry's Hood use mouse events that don't come from hardware so its easy to detect. Jagex has said in the past (on reddit) that you will be banned for using it. Just FYI in case you think its not detectable* 

I asked him whether OSBot accounts for this and he said:

12 hours ago, Alek said:

Can't discuss what we're using.

I'm confident with OSBot being a bot built on-top of RS, there are means and methods in place to 'trick' the game into believing which events are real/not real.

As for the relative click feature; all clicks recorded using my macro are already relative. When you record clicks, their X and Y positions are relative to the client. Are you asking for a way of slightly offsetting them as is what I think is being asked here?

2 hours ago, liverare said:

As for the relative click feature; all clicks recorded using my macro are already relative. When you record clicks, their X and Y positions are relative to the client. Are you asking for a way of slightly offsetting them as is what I think is being asked here?

Not exactly as in mentioned in the forum you are referring to I believe. However I indeed mean slightly offsetting the click. Let's say I click at point X=570.0, Y=231.0. This point is the middle of the hometeleport of the magic spellbook. It would be nice if you could add a relative position click (of like 1pixel X and Y) which would mean the bot can click anywhere between point X=569,5 and point X=750,5 and Y=230,5 and y=231,5. 

During the recording I will then make sure to click somewhere in the middle of the object I want to click in (which should not really matter anyways if you implement safe areas as well in the future).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, irwtonrs1 said:

Any updates? @liverare

Hi Irwtonrs1,

I've been working on cleaning up the UI code so that I can accommodate for more features. However, admittedly, I've been quite lazy and slow and only really started working on it today actually.

I'm thinking I might re-do the entire script and release it as a premium alternative with all the goodies I have mentioned in a previous post. That would certainly motivate me more.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 6:08 AM, Hayase said:

Is there a way to turn off the paint while recording? I'm trying to record an NMZ session and it gets extremely laggy when drawing the ghost mouse position. Playback is fine when I can hide the paint but recording needs to be hidden as well.

This.

EDIT: Ah.. You need to un-select 'Render paint' and click 'Submit' before starting the recording to turn it off during recordings :)

Edited by Frost_Gold

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

@liverare Any updates?

Slow progress man. I hit writer's block trying to reconstruct the fundamentals of this script to improve its efficiency and make it easier to maintain.

Also am lazy af. I have done some work to it, but I've got like 5 other projects on the go. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a practical upper limit on the recording before it starts to get laggy/weird? 

I'd like to record 20-30 minute session of myself normally alching (with things like accidental misclicks, natural pauses as i text people back, fatigue clicking, etc.) and then loop that long session for 3-4 times. Would this be compatible? Let me know if you think this is bad bot habits too.... 

Sorry if this is a noob question. I haven't used a macro recorder or auto clicker before. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2019 at 6:57 AM, laxdude815 said:

Is there a practical upper limit on the recording before it starts to get laggy/weird? 

I'd like to record 20-30 minute session of myself normally alching (with things like accidental misclicks, natural pauses as i text people back, fatigue clicking, etc.) and then loop that long session for 3-4 times. Would this be compatible? Let me know if you think this is bad bot habits too.... 

Sorry if this is a noob question. I haven't used a macro recorder or auto clicker before. 

You're good to go dude. I used 1 pre-recorded set of mouseclicks sped up at 4x speed to clean a full inv of herbs, bank, get more, and repeat. would play that for like 4 - 5 hrs at a time. Got me from 50 all the way to 90. No bans. Wouldn't necessarily recommend that but its harder to time things such as banking multiple inventories when you're speeding up a recording. I did the exact same thing with plank make/tan leather. Same story, would run them both for 4 - 5 hrs at a time to 99 mage. Zero problems whatsoever. But you have to make sure your zoom/camera is aligned in such a way that its impossible for your character to accidentally click on a random event/run off screen. If that happens gg account lol