Making HCIM

Pryzm

23 minutes ago, b0tscape said:

There are literally hundreds of pastebins with optimal routes on where you can go. One of the golden standard is still Oziris's guide: https://pastebin.com/u5engCfu

This is a shit guide. 

Actual efficincy is getting 99 agility followed by 99 firemaking then 99 fishing then 99 woodcutting then 99 hunter then 99 mining and then start questing

39 minutes ago, nicksep said:

This is a shit guide. 

Actual efficincy is getting 99 agility followed by 99 firemaking then 99 fishing then 99 woodcutting then 99 hunter then 99 mining and then start questing

This is coming from the third person to max his ironman. What have you achieved?

99 agility? from 90 it's 2.6 seconds recovery per 1% run, it's only 2.4 seconds faster per 1% recovery. The highest agility requirement for a quest is 69 which is DS2 and most IM won't be attempting that for ages from their creation. The highest agility requirement for diaries is 90 and that's for the elite, followed by 71 for hard. There isn't a single shortcut above 89 so that has already made 99 for shortcuts a waste of 'efficiency'. If you're going for the capes bonus, restoring your run to 100% a day isn't that beneficial vs the time taken to get the cape and the cape is the same weight bonus as the graceful cape. 5.3m max you would ever need in agility to 13m for nothing is not efficient.

99 Firemaking? From 85 for the elite diaries and 65 for the hard, what would you be doing that for?  99 firemaking at WT is not efficient, it's okay for starter cash but it is very much a tiny amount, maybe a couple of million at max. Renewed got the first 99 firemaking and his cash stack was less than 2m and tons of the resources will be earned through kingdom anyway. Balloons caps out at 60 and after that there is nothing more firemaking is that beneficial towards so another big of waste of 'efficient' time.

99 Fishing? Fishing is definitely beneficial but for a lot of ironmen who tend to skill first or remain as low as possible combat they'll use wines or cakes. Eventually you'll begin grinding fishing up but is that an efficient thing to be doing? Not really. Efficiency is going from trout/samon > barb fishing if you want to max out 99 but the food isn't great so people don't tend to rely on salmon/trout but they'll use it for exp - i'm not saying they won't be using salmon/trout but at 7-9 hp it isn't a good source of food and wines/cakes surpass it. Sharks around 90 are still incredibly slow and Monkfish from like 80+ are only 300 an hour or so. Why would you need 99 again, do you plan on going to the wilderness to catch dark crabs? HCIM in the wilderness that's a smart decision for long periods of time. Tuna potatoes heal the same and you don't need high cooking/fishing to make them. You also need highest of 62 fishing for the quest requirements and maximum 96 for elite diaries.

99 Woodcutting? Why. If you're fletching to make money from alchs, that's one brutally slow method for 'efficiency' and you don't need a lot of gold as a HC. Again, 76 for quests and 75 for elites.

Hunting is a good skill to cap on but the yield isn't going to be extremely well worth it until you need chins which you wouldn't bother using until you're well into the 75+ range and can splash at ape atoll for example for range exp and even then at 90-99+ with ticking, you're catching max 450 an hour. It is a very good skill to level up, especially to 83 for the dragon implings but to 99, not exactly a necessity. 60 for quests and 69 for elites.

99 mining? You get to a point where you don't as much money as you think you do and what would you do, make a rune armour set at minimum 85/85 - that will take you weeks/months as a HC.

What you have said is not efficient. It's the total opposite. Efficient does no thave to be boring or painful. Mix it up and combine it with what you enjoy. My HC account has 258 qp with all 80+ combats and I didn't really follow efficiency guides because what works for 1 person may not work for you. A good start is going for graceful. Agility short cuts help a ton, the weight reduction clothing helps for skilling/questing and you'll be be thankful of the 5 minute - 3 second recovery time at 70, not to mention pyramid isn't bad for like 1m gp an hour or so.

Edited by b0tscape

26 minutes ago, Pryzm said:

@b0tscape, Cheers.

I only wanted something to get me started, so i'll get 75 FM at wintertodt, then get full graceful then go for barrows gloves.

How's that sound?

I've always been so skeptical about beginning WT at 50 FM as I personally believe that the rewards are scaling of your skills (mining, woodcutting, farming, herblore,etc..) so I've always waited till around 50 in some of those skills before doing WT. You can do it up to 75, it's not a problem and you'll get some starter items to help for sure. Agility to graceful is a great suggestion and something I'd always go with first. You may have to skip Canafis unless you plan on recoiling the guardian/hopping ladders for the mages.

Edited by b0tscape

On 3/11/2018 at 2:48 AM, nicksep said:

This is a shit guide. 

That Actually sounds really good TBH, This guy gets it :mald:

But how much do these hcim accounts sell for? $$

Edited by Elixar

On 3/12/2018 at 5:31 AM, Elixar said:

That Actually sounds really good TBH, This guy gets it :mald:

But how much do these hcim accounts sell for? $$

Doubt they would sell for a lot, as it'll probably have a higher price than a regular account with the same stats, so it could only be for bragging. :think: On the other hand, ppl still pay 1k$ for some skins on cs:go, so you may never know lol