Starting to bot a main from scratch

thefluffyneko

I was wanting to slowly bot a "main" from scratch, I was wondering what works for you guys in your own experience on attempting something like this.. My plan was to babysit it while watching shows,studying,etc I know that most people say 4-5 hours a day but this seems odd to me because i've been known to frequently go for 7-8 hours and pull all nighters and even the occasional 24-32 hour runs.. I've even spent 6 hours in the exact same location, gotten kicked.. logged back on and gone another few hours in the same spot.. Is that normal for a runescape addict or am I just a freak? anyway.. back on topic. I was going to bot a skill until i reach a goal i set for myself for the day then change to a different skill.. I was going to spend maybe 2 days focusing on 3-4 different skills then changing one or two of the skills i'm focusing on while one of the skills such as ranged/magic/melee i'm consistently working on until 60-70 then focusing in one of the other combat skills because that's how I play on my legit main.. Any advice/warnings/changes you think would help me would be greatly appreciated

the more advice we give out openly the easier it is for Jagex spies to pick up on it to make changes and adaptations to their bot detection. better to just experiment on your own and see what works. or maybe offer some veteran a few coins in exchange for some knowledge

2 minutes ago, Burundanga said:

the more advice we give out openly the easier it is for Jagex spies to pick up on it to make changes and adaptations to their bot detection. better to just experiment on your own and see what works. or maybe offer some veteran a few coins in exchange for some knowledge

well, is botting the way I plan on for 4-5 hours a day a good place to start? My main goal with this account is to see how long it takes me to get banned if at all.. And think about some of the things I did and changing my approach to see if it helps me last longer the next time. And if I keep enjoying botting as much as I do right now.. I'll probably invest in premium scripts/Buying private scripts in a few weeks.

Just now, Abysm said:

i’d say only bot low banrate skills like combat and then just manually do agility and fishing if you want to keep your main

This isn't so much a main I'm wanting to keep to play on as the main account I want to bot on as I learn more about botting and figure out what works for me

1 hour ago, Eligeion said:

If you're trying to bot every skill. You won't last a week. Simple as that

Quit spewing bull shit. I have a 1400 main all botted, in the last 2 months. Average playtime = 8 hours per day from Hans. Botting every skill is fine, just don't do it for long times and DON'T use shitty scripts. 

Edited by smot
  • Like 1

I can speak from experience. It's almost always about luck (Plus some other things like playtime, questing etc). I had a main account which I got to base 80s using another bot client with handmade scripts, playtime per day was 20 hours. It wasn't until i switched to another client and did something stupid that it got banned. Im in the middle of going for another account just like it. Progress is going great.

Edited by blogans
spell

19 minutes ago, smot said:

Quit spewing bull shit. I have a 1400 main all botted, in the last 2 months. Average playtime = 8 hours per day from Hans. Botting every skill is fine, just don't do it for long times and DON'T use shitty scripts. 

Sure you do.

1 hour ago, thefluffyneko said:

Can you explain why so that I can learn what mistakes I might make and try to avoid them

Never get over confident in the scripts you use. And premium is worth it. Generally. 

I recommend to always test your scripts (premium & free) and check the forums for bugs on the scripts/client frequently. 

2 hours ago, Burundanga said:

This. You should be able to come up with your own botting habits as you go. Good luck.

• Like 1