Barrows - Magic attack bonus

dazeldo

Hi guys!

I've heard a lot of mixed answers when it comes to magic attack bonus and the Barrows brothers. 1. It doesn't matter at all. 2. As long as it's over -65 you're fine. 3. As high as possible is the best. Personally, I think it's either option 1 or 2 because I did some testing with -35 and I didn't get noticeably slower kills than when I was using a setup with a high magic attack bonus, however, I'm not sure how low you can go. Anyone out there that knows how it works?

Edited by dazeldo

34 minutes ago, dazeldo said:

Hi guys!

I've heard a lot of mixed answers when it comes to magic attack bonus and the Barrows brothers. 1. It doesn't matter at all. 2. As long as it's over -65 you're fine. 3. As high as possible is the best. Personally, I think it's either option 1 or 2 because I did some testing with -35 and I didn't get noticeably slower kills than when I was using a setup with a high magic attack bonus, however, I'm not sure how low you can go. Anyone out there that knows how it works?

You don't need any magic bonus, since their def is 0 for magic, except on ahrim. It's best to use tank gear to minimize damage when not praying and have a range switch for ahrim.

25 minutes ago, angermidet1 said:

You don't need any magic bonus, since their def is 0 for magic, except on ahrim. It's best to use tank gear to minimize damage when not praying and have a range switch for ahrim.

22 minutes ago, Muffins said:

according to rs wiki, karil has a higher mage bonus than ahrim but the rest has 0 or lower bonus

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Karil_the_Tainted

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ahrim_the_Blighted