How to avoid Paypal chargebacks for virtual goods?

dazeldo

14 minutes ago, dazeldo said:

Hi there!

I am trying to sell an account (not a Runescape account)  via Paypal and I want to be 100% that the buyer can not charge back the money he will be sending me. Is there any way to do this safely via Paypal?

Thanks in advance.

There is actually just one thing you can do, to avoid chargebacks. That is sending something real to the buyer. The same problem is with ebay, buyers can chargeback everything they buy in virtual goods, and you can't do shit :D Dealt with it myself.

Edited by andrius12345

17 minutes ago, dazeldo said:

Hi there!

I am trying to sell an account (not a Runescape account)  via Paypal and I want to be 100% that the buyer can not charge back the money he will be sending me. Is there any way to do this safely via Paypal?

Thanks in advance.

i can help you with this; skype: gearing.osbot

Edited by gearing

No protection for digital goods if they claim they didn't receive it.

I've had one case, in which I lost initially, but I had a rant at paypal (said shit like, oh well that means I can just go chargeback stuff I did receive but say I didn't because you won't protect them) and they actually turned it in my favour and I got the money back

Also, if he sends the money as friends and family, I believe he cannot charge back at all unless he can prove it was an unauthorised purchase

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, dazeldo said:

Hi there!

Thanks in advance.

Why would he chargeback if you can just recover?

^

You shouldn't be worried about a chargeback unless you attempt to recover the account that they bought... so I'm not sure why you'd ask.

People that are purchasing accounts have every right to be more cautious than if it were to be the other way round, especially if you have intent to scam them (not necessarily saying you do, but I've seen it happen a lot) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeBron said:

Yeah, don't use paypal. It's damn near impossible as a casual PP user, but here's something that might help ya out.

https://osbot.org/forum/announcement/34-paypal-selling-guide-by-ironhide/

Thanks for the link, I will definitely be checking it out!

4 hours ago, gearing said:

i can help you with this; skype: gearing.osbot

I wrote to you.

3 hours ago, TWC said:

Why would he chargeback if you can just recover?

The problem is that I am selling the account including the items that are on it and since items are worth $100-200 and the account itself is worth like $20 I will lose a lot if he decides to chargeback the money.

3 hours ago, Darren said:

^

You shouldn't be worried about a chargeback unless you attempt to recover the account that they bought... so I'm not sure why you'd ask.

People that are purchasing accounts have every right to be more cautious than if it were to be the other way round, especially if you have intent to scam them (not necessarily saying you do, but I've seen it happen a lot) 

Same as above.

1 hour ago, dazeldo said:

The problem is that I am selling the account including the items that are on it and since items are worth $100-200 and the account itself is worth like $20 I will lose a lot if he decides to chargeback the money.

What do you mean the 'items are worth $100-200'? You mean untradables?

21 minutes ago, Darren said:

What do you mean the 'items are worth $100-200'? You mean untradables?

Nope, the items are tradeable, so if he send me the money via paypal and I give him the account information he can just transfer those items to his account before issuing a chargeback.

Edited by dazeldo