Rip PC gaming 1960-2018

RDM

• 2 weeks later...
On 7-2-2018 at 11:52 AM, barr0ge said:

This is why i play most games on PS4 and Xbox One, PC is too expensive for me.

GPU prices only started rising not too long ago because of the crypto hype, typically they're much cheaper compared to now. Generally it will take some time but in the end PC is cheaper than console gaming, the games are much much cheaper for PC, if I had to pay €60 for every new game I wouldn't have as much games as I have on PC and I'd have a hole in my wallet (Also you get; better graphics, upgradability, customization, a full blown os etc.).

On 27-1-2018 at 4:48 PM, irmagical189 said:

I strongly dislike MSI but I snagged their 1080ti with 3 fans for $730 recently for my new 8700k build. Got it from Newegg, I didn't think that price was terrible for a 1080ti. 

What's wrong with MSI? I think it's a great brand.

Edited by Rudie

3 minutes ago, Rudie said:

GPU prices only started rising not too long ago because of the crypto hype, typically they're much cheaper compared to now. Generally it will take some time but in the end PC is cheaper than console gaming, the games are much much cheaper for PC, if I had to pay €60 for every new game I wouldn't have as much games as I have on PC (Also you get; better graphics, upgradability, customization, a full blown os etc.).

Hmm suppose that's true i guess.

2 hours ago, Rudie said:

GPU prices only started rising not too long ago because of the crypto hype, typically they're much cheaper compared to now. Generally it will take some time but in the end PC is cheaper than console gaming, the games are much much cheaper for PC, if I had to pay €60 for every new game I wouldn't have as much games as I have on PC and I'd have a hole in my wallet (Also you get; better graphics, upgradability, customization, a full blown os etc.).

It's just ... cheap. They've always had a stigma for being low end parts. MSI has gotten better though. I will say that their motherboards are cheap. I built an 8700k tower for myself and one for my best friend. Both MSI boards were $200 And have bad RAM channels, which shouldnt happen on a $200 board. That being said I've had 4 DOA Asus Maximus boards in the past so never again for that brand either. 

I did like the MSI Stealth Pro laptop I purchased awhile back but ended up giving it to my girlfriend to game on and I went back to Alienware for a laptop.