WebWalkEvent breakCondition working slow

Butters

Wanna use webwalking and break once in dialogue.

What I noticed that it takes a very long time until the break condition fires.

Using:

WebWalkEvent event = new WebWalkEvent(SECOND_PUSH_WALL_AREA);
		event.setBreakCondition(new Condition() {

@Override
			public boolean evaluate() {
				if (dialogues.inDialogue()) {
					log(formatTime(System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime) + " In dialogue");
					return true;
				}
				return false;
			}
		});
		log(formatTime(System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime) + " Executing walking");
		execute(event);

Output:

[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 10:08:04 AM]: Started script : Test2
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 10:08:04 AM]: 00:00 Executing walking
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 10:08:20 AM]: 00:16 In dialogue
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 10:08:20 AM]: WebWalkingEvent; Terminated because of break condition!

The time it takes until the dialogue pops up is like 1 - 2 seconds. So there's roughly a 14-15 seconds wait period.

If I just return true in break condition

event.setBreakCondition(new Condition() {
			@Override
			public boolean evaluate() {
				log(formatTime(System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime) + " Returning true in break");
				return true;
			}
		});

I get

[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 10:13:18 AM]: Started script : Test2
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 10:13:18 AM]: 00:00 Executing walking
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 10:13:19 AM]: 00:00 Returning true in break
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 10:13:19 AM]: WebWalkingEvent; Terminated because of break condition!

So it's instant.

I need it to be as quick as possible in this case.

The dialogue opens up once the webwalker clicks on the door to open.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

I'm not too sure however I have noticed the same type of delay when using charter boats. It's possible that the webwalkevent running has it's own sleep/conditionalSleep that runs that delays the break condition check.

To get around this you'd have to do write the part that gets into dialogue yourself and not use a webwalkevent to do it.

21 hours ago, d0zza said:

I'm not too sure however I have noticed the same type of delay when using charter boats. It's possible that the webwalkevent running has it's own sleep/conditionalSleep that runs that delays the break condition check.

To get around this you'd have to do write the part that gets into dialogue yourself and not use a webwalkevent to do it.

Guessed as much sadly. If there''s no other option then yep, the only way would be to do this "manually"

If its a dialogue link handled by WebWalkEvent such as chartering, ships, or what have you, then its going to be kind of a bad break condition. OSBot will want to solve it, but you are trying to break there, Im not even sure what would happen. 

Can you specifically tell me which dialogue from which object/npc? Thanks! :) 

2 minutes ago, Alek said:

If its a dialogue link handled by WebWalkEvent such as chartering, ships, or what have you, then its going to be kind of a bad break condition. OSBot will want to solve it, but you are trying to break there, Im not even sure what would happen. 

Can you specifically tell me which dialogue from which object/npc? Thanks! :) 

Ah, so web walker notices that it's in dialogue and tries to solve it (inbuilt stuff) ,though cause it doesn't have the link it eventually times out.

Thanks.

What happens is it times out after like 15 seconds and my call to solving the dialogue (after webwalking) gets executed. Don't have the exact web walker message atm though.

It's a niche quest area in Black Knights Fortress. I don't think it's used anywhere else apart the quest. Are these links worth adding for web walking? They're nothing special. Though most other parts of the castle are mapped.

If you think this should be added then say so and I'll make a request in the correct forum section.