I have a question about account creation and IPS concerning bans

payingtuition

So I'm a computer science major trying to set up a gold farm to pay my tuition (hence the name lol) but I had some questions before I start. First off I apologize if this question has been asked before but I tried to search and didn't find anything that directly answered my question. 

I was wondering if chain bans pertain to the IP address that you are actively bot the accounts on or if it is the creation IP. I was planning to make the accounts at my Uni and then bot them on a proxy. Will it matter that I created all of the accounts on the same IP even though I'm playing each of them on different IPs via Proxy? Should I be creating the accounts whilst using a proxy as well?

Sorry if this is an obvious question I just want to make sure I completely understand the way Jagex does chain bans before investing in a proxy just to have the accounts chain banned due to them all being created on the same IP, resulting in all of the proxy IPs being flagged as well.

Thanks for any input everyone :)

if i would be in computer science major..i would skip OSRS botting in general. Whats the point? To make some money from botting, you need time / knowledge/ investments / methods  ETC. IDK if you want to waste you time on all that just to make some  money out of game, when you could have decent job / or just focus on some real things..
To make stable money from botting you need investing a lot of time and/or money. 

16 minutes ago, guywithlsd said:

if i would be in computer science major..i would skip OSRS botting in general. Whats the point? To make some money from botting, you need time / knowledge/ investments / methods  ETC. IDK if you want to waste you time on all that just to make some  money out of game, when you could have decent job / or just focus on some real things..
To make stable money from botting you need investing a lot of time and/or money. 

My main goal here is writing my own scripts to get more experience with Java because I am not currently great with it. I just want to know about chain bans because although writing the scripts for practice is my main priority, if I can make some money (even a little bit), I would like to take advantage of that without risking my main account that I play on during my leisure time. Thank you for the feedback though.

I had two acc botting 24h on same ip both were banned , while third was redy for bot made with same ip as these two before and no ban cuz it did not bot .

However Jagex will lock your Ip if you create too many accs so you need dynamic IP to create accs , if you plann suicide bot then buy acc if not then create like 3 of them do tutorial , train a little then change ip and go on .

Chain bans happens on the same ip that you are currently playing on. You can create on 'x' ip and play separately on 'y' ip.

To prevent chain bans, we use proxies. If you are planning for a f2p farm, proxies are not really needed as your accounts could get banned before you even know it.

I would suggest reading more/do experiments about bot farming as it is very time consuming.

You would be better working on other skills than botting in OSRS if you are studying computer sciences, man! :) Good luck!

29 minutes ago, payingtuition said:

I would like to take advantage of that without risking my main account that I play on during my leisure time. 

You mean you are going to bot on your main? That's a no-no if you don't want to risk it...

25 minutes ago, gptaqbc said:

You mean you are going to bot on your main? That's a no-no if you don't want to risk it...

No sorry what I meant was that if I could make some money as a result of my practice with the scripts (on botting specific accounts) I would like to do that in the safest way possible without risking my main (unbotted) that I still play for entertainment.

• Like 1

Lol people here are acting like computer science degrees mean big pay checks. I've got one and haven't used my degree in years because my current job in the pipeline industry pays a six figure income (left IT $13/hr job for 100k+). On a serious note, in many places a 4 year degree in computer science will barely get you $15/hr. Not to mention your degree is expensive. 

Start small on a couple accounts making and selling small amounts of gold or become a trusted individual and sell some accounts you leveled. That's probably where you'll have the easiest time making money. It might only be a little money, but it's still SOME money. You also won't have to live and breathe bot farm. 

I've had several accounts get banned from the usual IP I connect with on my main and haven't had any chain bans. I don't think you have to worry much about chain bans unless you really do go for a large scale operation.