Premium Scripts?

Joliter

@Maldesto

@Alek

What is happening right now with the premium scripts? As a customer, I feel left out with no information regarding some scripts and what's happened to them.

@Czar Pest Control script was removed from the SDN for a month because he lied about the updates.  Will we still get the update that was supposed to happen?

It's been over a month, and we haven't heard anything from @Rudie MultiFire.  He said it was taken down for updates, but nothing has been posted since.

@Team Cape ProgressiveWoodcutter was supposed to be back on SDN on Jan 8th according to him, but it's still not up.

I've reported proper bug reports, and suggestions to some @Czar scripts, and there was no reply or mention about looking into them.  Perfect Fighter was supposed to be updated to v209 on January 4, it's January 23, and it still shows v208.

Posted suggestions on PerfectMotherlodeMiner on January 9, it's January 23 and still hasn't been acknowledged.

czr.thumb.png.67f5419398531e74d9a468c136adf487.png

SMPLPestControl, is this even working? All posts since Feb 13/2017 are asking for a trial, and there are no replies from the scripter.

I feel like the SDN isn't tough enough on the scripters.  I understand that some people such as @Czar and @Khaleesi have many scripts, so it may take a little longer to get back to the customers, and life happens, but if you can't keep up, then you need to downgrade to a manageable amount of scripts.

Maybe post updates on individual threads as to why scripts are removed? So the customers are not left in the dark.

Thanks.

I asked it to be hidden from the store, I was going to be less active and didn't want to add new content whatsoever so I asked for it to be hidden so I could still push updates IF an existing customer has problems with it. Outside of that I have no control and no idea what they did with it.

Edited by Rudie

For pest control I honestly coded the update and forgot to push. Honest mistake it happens to every scripter. I like to bundle all my updates then push them at the same time and must've left out pest control. 

For fighter I recalled that mini update after finding out there was no real bug and my code changes made no difference. Script works the same. I should've mentioned it in the thread the very next day but I must've got a lot of replies and the post got buried or something and it must've escaped my mind :s 

As for listening to suggestions on motherlode mine, I try to listen to all suggestions but if they are more complex or niche they may take longer or they may not be included in the main script, but more so suited for private scripts.

Apologies to everyone :(

Edited by Czar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Maldesto said:

The update was pushed, just days after he claimed. it is out and live, we don't post every time i remove a script or change something with the script. Sorry.

Ok, but are the scripts still maintained while they are removed from the SDN for a period of time? As in are the scripters still able to push updates?

2 minutes ago, Joliter said:

Ok, but are the scripts still maintained while they are removed from the SDN for a period of time? As in are the scripters still able to push updates?

Scripters are certainly able, whether they do or not is a different story. We aren't their parents, we can't force scripters to sit down and write updates; we encourage you to support scripters that provide timely and often updates

3 hours ago, Night said:

Scripters are certainly able, whether they do or not is a different story. We aren't their parents, we can't force scripters to sit down and write updates; we encourage you to support scripters that provide timely and often updates

Got it.  I understand it's up to the scripters, but wasn't sure if they were blocked from it entirely while the script is removed.

@HeyImJamie  That's what VIP is for, monthly subscription.  A lot of these scripts would definately not be worth a monthly subscription.  Some scripts such as Zulrah and Barrows make sense to be on a monthly subscription.

No one said that we expect them to be perfect.  I just want to know what is happening with the product I purchased, if it's still being updated, etc.

We only paid "a couple of bucks".  We paid for a "premium" service, which is supposed to be better than the limited free services provided (which I'm grateful that they even are offered).  Also, these "couple of bucks" add up quickly.