New computer suggestions

H O C

16 minutes ago, H O C said:

Had this Lenovo ideapad Y700 for about 2 years. I think it's time to cash in and get another laptop.

Mainly in rs I pk, brid/deep wild

If anyone has any suggestions on a good laptop, that'll be great for pking

Thank you! 

Macbook air is the best laptop for runescape

1 minute ago, H O C said:

2k at most 

Well, you're pretty much sorted with a budget like that. You don't need to spend that much for a decent laptop though, imo.

The Asus ROG Strix GL502VS is a pretty damn good laptop that it's in your budget, but its battery life is only 4 hours.

I don't know whether you're looking to game heavily or if you're just looking for a high end laptop that can do everything and has a long battery life.

2 minutes ago, stencil said:

Well, you're pretty much sorted with a budget like that. You don't need to spend that much for a decent laptop though, imo.

The Asus ROG Strix GL502VS is a pretty damn good laptop that it's in your budget, but its battery life is only 4 hours.

I don't know whether you're looking to game heavily or if you're just looking for a high end laptop that can do everything and has a long battery life.

Yeah I plan on using my old laptop for school and what not. And with a new one mainly use it for rs pking. I'll look into it, thank you! 

Uhh... Build a mini ITX or something similar, Micro ATX if you want something bigger. Will take up the same amount of space as a decent sized laptop, you can upgrade it and have a dedicated GPU for half the cost it would take to build a laptop of the same size, and you can play games other than OSRS. If your budget is 2k you can pretty much get any decent laptop, but whatever laptop you buy is gonna be outdated in 5 years. If you are looking for a laptop to ONLY play runescape then just go on craigslist and pick up a cheap one, and spend ur 2k on something better. I've run 3 OSbuddy clients on a Pentium with no graphics card and 4gb of ram. If I were you, I would actually use your OLD one for runescape, and pick up a NEW one for school (Depending on what you're going for, I.e Engineering would require a computer that could run AUTOCAD software and such.)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VqTDbj

Edited by boststin
  • Like 1