Botting PC Hardware guide

RDM

So we have all seen those posts of people looking to build a pc for botting only, and I think we should have a thread where someone can go to and find a general idea of what hardware they need to run x amount of clients.

(Also let's not rag on each others hardware. Mine is what it is because It's all I need and same for the others)

So i'll start with mine.

Processor: AMD A8-5500 (Dual core @ 3.2 GHz Base clock)

Ram: 2x 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3 (8GB total)

Graphics card: GTX 960 2GB (I still think it matters because then the CPU can be used for just processing and doesn't have to display video as well)

Max Clients: 4

4clients.png

27 minutes ago, Somebody said:

I did read the post, that's all I got out of it. You have that nice graphics card and more ram than you need with a CPU like that.

ok sure but that's not the point of this thread. This thread is for everyone to post what they use to bot on and how many clients they can run on said PC, and I wont be getting a more powerful CPU because I don't need to spend money on a better CPU when I wont even be utilizing all of it.

AMD Has worse single core performance than an intel and should be avoided if possible because OSRS is a single-core use game.

Using onboard video does not put stress on the CPU whatsoever. An external gpu isnt needed for botting since OSRS doesnt utilize your GPU nor does osbot.

please stop spreading bad advice about computers if you don't know much about them.

thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muffins said:

AMD Has worse single core performance than an intel and should be avoided if possible because OSRS is a single-core use game.

Using onboard video does not put stress on the CPU whatsoever. An external gpu isnt needed for botting since OSRS doesnt utilize your GPU nor does osbot.

please stop spreading bad advice about computers if you don't know much about them.

thank you.

I was thinking the same thing.

That setup is so bad, that GTX 960 is such a waste.

7 hours ago, Muffins said:

thank you.

then why are 4 clients using 33% of the gpu and 1% at idle?

3 hours ago, RDM said:

then why are 4 clients using 33% of the gpu and 1% at idle?

The JVM automatically chooses whether or not your GPU is used or not. If your GPU is used, it's sole purpose is to save CPU processing power. The only process within OSBot which makes use of the GPU is when we copy image buffers around to render the canvas and loading screen which you've screenshotted. OSBot requires double-buffering on every client and this may lead to your GPUs powering up. Double-buffering allows us to render graphics on-top of the RuneScape canvas in a synchronized fashion. An external card wont benefit you in any way because onboard graphics (see Intel processors) would handle this the same way.

Check background and other processes running.