Account section suggestion/Discussion

Chuckle

I think they should remove people advertising accounts as "no registered email"
This is done with one purpose, implying the accounts cant be recovered by the OO which is a complete myth/lie and has been going on for over a year now, and lead to many many scams

all that is needed for the OO to recover a account is creation info. 
i.e. creation date/ISP/Creation country/ first password

Registered/non registered email does not make account anymore safe and advertising them as more safe is a lie. 
They are EXACTLY the same . If the OO wants to they CAN recover anyone who watches the account section can see this. 

Although the statement is accurate, it is just being used for untrusted members to trick new members into buying their shady accounts.  

Basically an easy way for untrusted and new members to dump unsafe accounts.

I cant see any reason why a buyer would want/need this information given that it means nothing regarding the safety of that account.

Stop people adverting and adding it to the rules would definitely stop multiple scams in the account section.

Unless I am missing something here...

Thoughts and feedback on the suggestion welcome <3

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Light said:

Up to the customer to put himself or herself at risk when buying an account, however, yes I do agree with removing "no registered email" as you said, gives the customer false hope (especially the newcomers).

Its a gaming community tho there are some gullible kids who see this kinda shit and fall for it. 

alot of these scams could be easily avoided

Edited by Chuckle

As one who advertises exactly what you're mentioning, it's part of the marketing. Same as displaying combat stats, unique/untradeables, quests, OO etc. Granted it doesn't make the account bulletproof, however it does adds a blanket of security.

In the account selling format it asks for original owner and a registered email. It's going to be seen and mentioned no matter what.

Instead of attacking others business, inform the buyers out there of your stance :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SGTTHC said:

As one who advertises exactly what you're mentioning, it's part of the marketing. Same as displaying combat stats, unique/untradeables, quests, OO etc. Granted it doesn't make the account bulletproof, however it does adds a blanket of security.

In the account selling format it asks for original owner and a registered email. It's going to be seen and mentioned no matter what.

Instead of attacking others business, inform the buyers out there of your stance :) 

There is no security blanket... you can recover the account with or without the email 

it is no more secure than ones with registered emails. they are the exact same

it take 5 mins for the orginal owner to pass a manual recovery either way.

I am not saying every single person who advertises like this is scamming but there is very little merit in doing this apart from providing a FAKE "blanket of security."

some sellers see the other dodgy sellers doing it and follow suit/copy them but anyone who sees them get recovered knows that its just smoke and mirrors.

As it stands you are part of the problem.

18 minutes ago, Chuckle said:

There is no security blanket... you can recover the account with or without the email 

it is no more secure than ones with registered emails. they are the exact same

it take 5 mins for the orginal owner to pass a manual recovery either way.

I am not saying every single person who advertises like this is scamming but there is very little merit in doing this apart from providing a FAKE "blanket of security."

some sellers see the other dodgy sellers doing it and follow suit/copy them but anyone who sees them get recovered knows that its just smoke and mirrors.

As it stands you are part of the problem.

Would you agree then that it is wrong/gives false hope when people label their account threads with "[sponsor]" "[trusted]" "[X amount of feedback]"? 

I think it's inefficient to single out a single aspect when the entire account section is risky in and of itself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SGTTHC said:

Would you agree then that it is wrong/gives false hope when people label their account threads with "[sponsor]" "[trusted]" "[X amount of feedback]"? 

I think it's inefficient to single out a single aspect when the entire account section is risky in and of itself. 

I just disagree with "unregistered email" as its completely meaning less

all the others combined with join date show reputation and allow the buyers to weigh up the risks involved with that particular seller.

feedback/ranks/joindate/postcount etc. 

I have had a few occupations where buyers compare my accounts with with new members selling unregistered emails and think mine are less safe. 

thousands of feedback across multiple platforms with years of acc sale history to newcomers with unregistered email that mean nothing there is a problem

they are seeing so many of them in the market and no1 questioning them so they believe they are safe.

The "unregistered email" tag is just sketchy af and meaningless and anyone using it knowing that it has no bearing on account safety is sketchy 

Edited by Chuckle
  • Like 2