Question About Free Scripts

OsRs2k13

So I just came back to OsRs from 2014 and I remember botting 1-93 fishing on a pure I had before getting one ban using a free script. 

Now I want to bot some skills for quests on my main account and I was wondering if free scripts are more likely to get banned for botting than premium scripts. I bought an agility script and got my required agil level without catching  a ban but I dont wanna spend 25 dollars on other skill scripts so I was jw is it safe to just bot using a free script?

Thanks

Edited by OsRs2k13

17 minutes ago, OsRs2k13 said:

So I just came back to OsRs from 2014 and I remember botting 1-93 fishing on a pure I had before getting one ban using a free script. 

Now I want to bot some skills for quests on my main account and I was wondering if free scripts are more likely to get banned for botting than premium scripts. I bought an agility script and got my required agil level without catching  a ban but I dont wanna spend 25 dollars on other skill scripts so I was jw is it safe to just bot using a free script?

Thanks

Jagex stepped up their game so you have a chance getting banned even with paid one. Nowadays, it's 80% how you bot and 20% script assuming the script doesn't have any flaws. In the end, I'd recommend paid over free. As always, never bot on an account you don't want to lose.

• Like 1

It truly depends on the script itself and not whether if its free or paid. However, it does make sense that scripts that have been used by hundreds/thousands of users are likely to get you banned faster than scripts that have been used by dozens. This may mean that premium scripts have lower user counts and so the pattern is less common. To minimise your ban rates, private scripts may be something to look into. Even with all this said, you still have a chance of getting banned with all kinds of scripts and you have acknowledge that.

6 minutes ago, dreameo said:

The code in private scripts is generally going to be very similar to the code in public scripts.

If either script (public or private) is broken or not working as it should, then you have a higher chance of getting banned. 

Stop the non sense!

if the private scripter is a new kiddo yea but if you buy a private script from any good scripter it won't break easily

1 minute ago, TheMcPker said:

if the private scripter is a new kiddo yea but if you buy a private script from any good scripter it won't break easily

That's usually not the case. Most people wouldn't buy a private script from someone new. 

The only time you should buy a private script is if a good public one isn't available or it's a niche method.

1 hour ago, HoneyDewBubbleT said:

Jagex stepped up their game so you have a chance getting banned even with paid one. Nowadays, it's 80% how you bot and 20% script assuming the script doesn't have any flaws. In the end, I'd recommend paid over free. As always, never bot on an account you don't want to lose.

Exactly this!

@OP

In my experience, your chances of being banned are mostly based on how you bot, not the script. There is no meaningful evidence to prove anything, but as a rule of thumb if you keep sessions short, breaks generous and play legit from time to time, you should be fine. Then again, bans are very random and unpredictable, so there are no guarantees in any case!

As honeydew said, don't bot an account that you don't want to lose.

GL!

Apa

• Like 1