Laptop Suggestions

Milk Truck

As the title says i need laptop suggestions. Budget is 1-2k. The laptop will mainly be used for school and a little gaming. With that said i know a gaming laptop isn't for school, but i want a laptop that will last and that is fast. I've seen the Razar Blade and the msi laptops. Does anyone know anything about them? I know building a laptop is a idea as well, but i'm just curious to see whats out there that may work for me. Thx :D

PS: NOT REALLY LOOKING FOR MAC BOOKS

I've got a Sufrace pro 4, it's not bad in terms of specs for its size. I carry it all the time and it's really convenient! When i'm home, I hook it up to an ultra-wide monitor and have all the screen space I need. 

It's quite pricey though, and if you want to do serious gaming then the specs probably aren't enough. Maybe get a desktop PC and a chromebook?

On 12/29/2017 at 6:31 AM, ozeki6 said:

Just get a laptop that has an quad core i7 (real cores) and a good graphics card. Maybe even a ssd since you have a good budget. with 1-2k you can buy something that can run mostly anything so it shouldn't really be a problem to find yourself.

Yeah thats what i was thinking which is why i looked at the two i listed, but thanks for replying :D 

On 12/28/2017 at 6:31 AM, DJ Khaled said:

Thanks for the suggestion :D Ill keep it in mind.

On 12/28/2017 at 4:36 AM, SGTTHC said:

I know you say you don't want a mac, but I have a MacBook with bootcamp installed.

Best of both worlds. I run Windows for rs and mac for creative/entertainment purposes.

Hmm never heard of people doing this. I'll check it out and maybe not completely leave out macs :D

On 12/28/2017 at 4:15 AM, Sparkedrage said:

Second for the surface pro 4 

Take it everywhere and it can handle basic games 

Ill look into it thanks :D

On 12/28/2017 at 4:00 AM, Apaec said:

I've got a Sufrace pro 4, it's not bad in terms of specs for its size. I carry it all the time and it's really convenient! When i'm home, I hook it up to an ultra-wide monitor and have all the screen space I need. 

It's quite pricey though, and if you want to do serious gaming then the specs probably aren't enough. Maybe get a desktop PC and a chromebook?

I have a desktop, so maybe ill look into the chrome book or the surface pro. The reason why i wanted a nice laptop is cause i do travel for work quite often and i can't bring my desktop with me. Thanks though :D