Few questions

Chikan

I've got a few questions for you gents that are online during the holidays

1. Webwalking -- Is there a way to disable going up ladders? In this context, I'm using webwalker in motherloade mine (It's mem intensive I know, but it's temporary). In the area I set to walk, some of the area tiles also happen to share a tile with the second floor there. This then causes the webwalker to want to climb the ladder to get to those upper tiles. However, if I exclude these tiles it causes some issues with filtering when it comes to my mining method.

So, to fix this I can think of 2 ways:

Way 1: I somehow set it to filter my area +1 tile around the area

Way 2: Disable webwalker trying to climb ladders (if possible)

2. Pathwalking -- I've got a few paths setup, however I cannot seem to find how to deal with obstacles in my way. -- I've tried checking myPlayer().getArea(radius).contains(Obstacle) but this will just throw null pointers at me and I just don't understand why (just general inexperience I guess). (getArea(radius) <- this I'm not sure how the int for radius works, is it checking the number of tiles around me? so for example getArea(5) = 5 tile radius around my player?).

So, overall how can I tackle these two issues?

27 minutes ago, HeyImJamie said:

Probably not the best fix but setting a plane might fix the first issue.

For the second, try looking at the null. It usually shows you how to fix it :) I'd assume you're not null checking the obstacle

I did null check the obstacle, I think I just didn't pass the method correctly. :feels:

As for the issues, I think what Dreameo suggested to me fixed what I needed:

1. Path to a random tile whatever area, and then just do what I'm doin normally while in that area.

2. Setting a plane might've worked too. :think:

Thanks for the reply :)

1 hour ago, Chikan said:

I did null check the obstacle, I think I just didn't pass the method correctly. :feels:

As for the issues, I think what Dreameo suggested to me fixed what I needed:

1. Path to a random tile whatever area, and then just do what I'm doin normally while in that area.

2. Setting a plane might've worked too. :think:

Thanks for the reply :)

Do it the ghetto way fam, if (upperLevel) {//climb down}; :boge: It'll go up and down, free anti-ban right there :doge: