Refresh Scripts without restarting client

yfoo

How do you deploy a code change while the client is running and have the refresh button correctly poll the newly created jar file? My current development setup was created using this tutorial: 

I know that the populated script list does not contain my latest code changes because I change the script name under the script's manifest upon recompiling. (DEBUG0, DEBUG1, DEBUG2... etc.) 

I've tried...

• setting my artifact deployment folder to a seperate folder and manually moving the jar files into the scripts folder. (Refresh doesn't poll the newest version)
  • attempting to delete the old jar files in in scripts folder. (Unable to do so, the files are in use by the client)

I have been able to use hook into osbot's process using intellJ and attempting a hotswap and have this SOMETIMES work. I am not sure what I am doing different when the aforementioned process failes or succeeds. 

My IDE is IntellJ. Thank you for your assistance. 

On 12/24/2017 at 4:39 PM, PayPalMeRSGP said:

@Chris Got it, thanks. There is a difference between hitting build vs rebuild. That was maybe why sometimes a hotswap worked, I selected rebuild. 

Build solution will perform an incremental build (Only build changes you make)

Rebuild solution will clean and then build the solution from scratch, ignoring anything it's done before.

Edited by Schepto

On 12/30/2017 at 8:32 PM, liverare said:

>code changes

>newly created jar file

OKAY stop what you're doing and set up your Eclipse properly:

If you're using intellij, then try looking for a way to set it up like you can in Eclipse.

A "Proper" setup is subjective. Using green text furthermore shows that you are toxic and are just looking to make fun of people. If you represent the scripting community then I understand why people call the OSBot community toxic and unhelpful.