Staking addiction

DJ Khaled

54 minutes ago, solace fury said:

In all seriouness it's not that deep to be honest. If you're not spending actual cash on the gold, and you don't mind that you're not selling it off for a profit, you're not harming your financially or whatever. plus, as long as it doesn't evolve into gambling with actual cash,  it's a safe way for you to experience that thrill without standing to lose anything other than time spent getting the gp, which I think you said you get from botting anyway.

plus lets face it no one REALLY quits staking lmao that bitch owns you and will drag you back in

Well most of the time I make like 300m and then go staking instead of selling it so... If I have sold every 300m I have made without staking I would have lots of money rn haha. So technically I lose money :feels:

19 minutes ago, Darren said:

Think about it...

Do you want a secure amount of money to spend IRL, or to bankstand with Partyhat and Specs + an Elysian fletching 90,000 dragon darts?

IRL money obviously haha

11 minutes ago, DJ Khaled said:

Well most of the time I make like 300m and then go staking instead of selling it so... If I have sold every 300m I have made without staking I would have lots of money rn haha. So technically I lose money :feels:

IRL money obviously haha

Then there's your incentive to stop staking large amounts. 

Next time you want to duel, think about whether you want to treat yourself to a gift or kill Zulrah in max gear.

At the end of the day it is just a game, regardless about what anyone says about 'gaming addiction'. 

Lmfao, a friend of mine is in the same boat. He had to withdraw cash from credit card so he wouldn't gamble it away in OSRS or CS:GO and could put on crypto. 

All I can advise you is just do something similar. Take out cash and put it somewhere it wouldnt be easy to gamble away. Fuck idk, help your folks pay out house loan or whatever.

11 hours ago, Darren said:

Then there's your incentive to stop staking large amounts. 

Next time you want to duel, think about whether you want to treat yourself to a gift or kill Zulrah in max gear.

At the end of the day it is just a game, regardless about what anyone says about 'gaming addiction'. 

I just need to stop thinking that I would make bills with staking and sell it for irl cash. So much things that I want to buy, especially expensive clothes tbh haha. But thanks for your advice man

9 hours ago, casualracism said:

Do the fattest chuck of your life, then just give up. I'm pretty sure it's cuz u want to do a big stake, but haven't gotten around to doing it. It'll change ur life. Do it.

Ye big stakes give me an adrenaline boost. I think that's also a part of why I keep staking.

Treat rs more like a business. Most people don't want to spend several hours managing different servers, bots, programs, etc.. Once you begin to actually hate rs game play, which i know happened for me a long time ago, you'll quit staking. My biggest loss was a bit over 3b. I know the struggle haha, you play, you're like "yeah i'll build this acc the right way, not gonna stake or risk fight" then it becomes "well i'll stake and risk fight a little bit when i can afford it, but never all of my money." then it turns into "let's yolo one!" then you usually win, or you win some big ones in a row, put it all in, and you lose.

1 hour ago, Jbotter said:

Treat rs more like a business. Most people don't want to spend several hours managing different servers, bots, programs, etc.. Once you begin to actually hate rs game play, which i know happened for me a long time ago, you'll quit staking. My biggest loss was a bit over 3b. I know the struggle haha, you play, you're like "yeah i'll build this acc the right way, not gonna stake or risk fight" then it becomes "well i'll stake and risk fight a little bit when i can afford it, but never all of my money." then it turns into "let's yolo one!" then you usually win, or you win some big ones in a row, put it all in, and you lose.

You just put the story of my entire RS career into a small paragraph  :feels:

13 hours ago, smoked125 said:

Lmfao, a friend of mine is in the same boat. He had to withdraw cash from credit card so he wouldn't gamble it away in OSRS or CS:GO and could put on crypto. 

All I can advise you is just do something similar. Take out cash and put it somewhere it wouldnt be easy to gamble away. Fuck idk, help your folks pay out house loan or whatever.

Solid answer IMO.

24 minutes ago, darthknightl said:

You just put the story of my entire RS career into a small paragraph  :feels:

Is this usually followed by a quick anger, then either looking at your bank full of useless junk, logging off, then feeling lost in life and depressed for a couple weeks, you begin taking dramatic walks looking for your purpose?

6 minutes ago, Jbotter said:

Is this usually followed by a quick anger, then either looking at your bank full of useless junk, logging off, then feeling lost in life and depressed for a couple weeks, you begin taking dramatic walks looking for your purpose?

LOOOOOOL You've been in my situation a few times then? SPOT ON LMAO

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jbotter said:

Had this for a long time. But now that I lost bank so many times it's like a 'normal' thing lol