VPS vs Server

Dab in a Lab

I am looking into starting a big bot farm and wish to run like close to 30-50 accounts at a time. More would be great, but that's the target amount I'm shooting for atm.

I'm new to servers and vps's, so I'm not too familiar with what to look for. 

If anyone has experience with either or both, can you give me some pointers. In terms of a VPS what are some cheap, reliable ones that can support as many accounts as I'm shooting for? Would I need multiple VPS's? Suggestions for some that automatically change ip's every couple weeks or so are appreciated as well, but not too big of a requirement. 

If having a physical server is more practical at supporting that many bots at a time, and potentially more in the future, what should I be looking for and how much should I expect to spend? Also is it better to build my own, or buy servers already made? I'm assuming its similar to building a pc in terms of getting more bang for your buck by building your own.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

12 minutes ago, digdig18 said:

Use a shared VPS so you can upgrade it within time. Linux is cheaper (CentOS, fedora, etc...) , then learn how to use it if you don't know and be happy

Might be a dumb question, but could I run a Linux VPS off of a raspbeerry pi I have, or could a raspberry pi not support one?

2 hours ago, El Dingus said:

Might be a dumb question, but could I run a Linux VPS off of a raspbeerry pi I have, or could a raspberry pi not support one?

You need some fairly decent specs to run 30-50 clients, Raspberry Pi would struggle to run 2 clients out of the box and a VPS with the required specifications would be economically inefficient in comparison to a dedicated server.

1 hour ago, loop7 said:

You need some fairly decent specs to run 30-50 clients, Raspberry Pi would struggle to run 2 clients out of the box and a VPS with the required specifications would be economically inefficient in comparison to a dedicated server.

Raspberry pi would barely run even 1 bot if that. It only has 1gb ram