PID in duel arena

Dyro

I have NEVER needed to do anything like that and I have won some really... Really big stakes back in the days...

1st: Attack to get the right angle.

2: Right-click and select "attack"

3: When the time is at 1, click the "attack" and spamm-left-click the opponent.

Always worked for me... No need to make it complicated lol.

This. No need for check the delays by following your mate, this works 100%.

You're all wrong about pid lol.

Pid is 100% based around IP. Not anything about logging in before anyone, not about pressing follow to find it.

In runescape 2007, go to google and type in "My IP". There should be 4 sets of numbers. For example, 129.41.80.3

If the third number *80* is divisible by 8, and if the last number *3* is really low, then you have a great pid. The IP address I linked here is magnificent, hence why a lot of people use VPN's to stake to get new IP addresses. 

It's simple, have a buddy with you, and have him follow you. Take turns following eachother, one of you will have a more delayed reaction when following.

The person who is more delayed has a higher pid and should log in and out until they find that they have the lower pid. Repeat as necessary. 

You're welcome.

This is such BS. If you've ever staked, you know this isn't right. All this is is Ping, the delay in which your mouse clicks react with the server.

Let's say you're a staker. You stake someone called *Fanman1* on your first day of staking. He gets the first hit so he don't stake him anymore. The next day, you stake him again. He still has first hit. You don't stake him anymore etc. 

PID IS NOT BASED AROUND YOU LOGGING IN AND OUT OF THE SERVER. PID IS BASED AROUND IP 100%. How do I know this? Go test it out. Go to the duel arena with a friend, and stake him 50 times in a row and log out and in each time you stake. The person who got the first hit the first time, WILL HAVE FIRST HIT ALL THE OTHER TIMES, TOO.

Again, right clicking someone and pressing FOLLOW is your PING, not your PID.

I have NEVER needed to do anything like that and I have won some really... Really big stakes back in the days...

This is also BS. You don't need a good angle. You don't need to right click. You don't need to wait till 1. All you have to do is have a better IP than your opponent. There's no reason to wait till 1 because all you're doing is spam clicking anyway and the server already recognizes your clicks.

If anything, use a delay, like cutting a gem before the stake begins. This will delay your characters movements and hide where you really are in the game. Let's say you're on one end of the arena, and your opponent is on the other side. Before the stake begins, you take your chisel and start cutting the gem. Left click on your minimap towards your opponent. The delay is so great, that by the time the stake actually begins and your character says "Fight", you instantly pop out right next to them because of the delay and take your opponent by surprise.

If you don't get first hit, don't worry. Just make sure movement is on. You want to utilize the forfeit box to the best of your ability. Running around it can lure your opponent and have them stop attacking you for a second or two. Within those seconds, you can get the first hit back because basically the fight just restarted since both of your attack animations are ready to begin again.

EDIT

o god i responded months after this was posted. o well. at least people won't read bad guides about pid anymore :[

EDIT AGAIN

Actually, you don't want to face your opponent. Idk why, but if you don't have a delay "Like cutting the gem", then never face your opponent, and never run towards them. The server will process your request faster for some reason than the person who's running at you and already facing you. No idea why though.

Edited by occazn
  • Like 2

• Developer

I won't even start correcting the post directly above me, been there and done that too many times with others, yet I'll summarize it for you.

This is all based of assumption and research but one part will never be proved as we don't have Jagex their source code, there are two aspects to this entire story:

One, The RS server (up to revision 570-570'ish, this doesn't apply in clients with GPI updating and on) handles its players in some form of collection where it loops through to when creating the update package in order. You login and you will receive the first empty spot in the collection, this can be 1'st, this can be 1000'th etc. Being earlier in the collection will get your player's actions processed first, which is believed to possibly create a gain over the other in interaction (in this case, staking) but there has never been hard prove for this.

Two, your internet connection. Data over the internet travels with a limited speed, based on overhead in your router, based on overhead in your computer, based on overhead on the link between two connected nodes etc etc. Obviously, if your connection with the RS server is better than your opponent's, chances are that your data will arrive at the server earlier. This still doesn't give an advantage, unless the following happens: the connection from the opponent is that much slower that it arrives at the server end that much later that it gets processed one server tick cycle later (their server ticks at 600ms). In that case, you see a difference between animations, one player being attacking the other a tad bit earlier giving the advantage.

The story about IP's, in all honesty and no offence, is completely wrong. Also, PID = player index.

• Like 3

I won't even start correcting the post directly above me, been there and done that too many times with others, yet I'll summarize it for you.

This is all based of assumption and research but one part will never be proved as we don't have Jagex their source code, there are two aspects to this entire story:

One, The RS server (up to revision 570-570'ish, this doesn't apply in clients with GPI updating and on) handles its players in some form of collection where it loops through to when creating the update package in order. You login and you will receive the first empty spot in the collection, this can be 1'st, this can be 1000'th etc. Being earlier in the collection will get your player's actions processed first, which is believed to possibly create a gain over the other in interaction (in this case, staking) but there has never been hard prove for this.

Two, your internet connection. Data over the internet travels with a limited speed, based on overhead in your router, based on overhead in your computer, based on overhead on the link between two connected nodes etc etc. Obviously, if your connection with the RS server is better than your opponent's, chances are that your data will arrive at the server earlier. This still doesn't give an advantage, unless the following happens: the connection from the opponent is that much slower that it arrives at the server end that much later that it gets processed one server tick cycle later (their server ticks at 600ms). In that case, you see a difference between animations, one player being attacking the other a tad bit earlier giving the advantage.

The story about IP's, in all honesty and no offence, is completely wrong. Also, PID = player index.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9mCvdsB3QU

Go to around 40 seconds. This person is in the duel arena with many other people around. He says on his mic that "I have a .1 pid (The last digit in his IP because he's on a VPN). How does he know he's going to get it all? Obviously he got a VPN and his last digit on his IP is low.

Also, Maxi, ask kati about this. Tell her I'm willing to bet 100M *no joke this time :[* that it's about around IP, not logging in and out. It's not about getting a spot in the server. You and I can go test this out right now. Whoever gets the first hit, we'll both log out. Let's do this 50 times and we'll see who gets the first hit each time.

How do I know that it isn't about getting assigned a random spot in the server? I used to stake all day with friends on skype. We did fun stakes to *reset our luck*. We did these "Fun Stakes" almost everyday throughout the course of a month. My friend always got first hit on me, I have never gotten first hit on him. It might be because everysingle time we logged in, he got a better spot in the server, or it's because his IP is better. I have a 83.52 last two digits of my IP, and he has a 62.21 or something of the sort. 

Also, if you go and watch a stream of somebody staking with over 150m+, you'll notice they're almost always on a VPN. Why? Well, to prevent getting DDOS'd is one part of it, but the main reason is to get the first hit.

Sure, it doesn't seem logical, but it's how the Runescape servers are processed in 2007. The order in which you log in was implemented in 09 or 10 because Jagex finally found out it was unfair.

I'm sorry maxi, but you are wrong. I'm not going to write a huge summary of what I am saying, but in 07scape PID is on your IP address the third set of numbers must be dividable by 8 and the last set of numbers must be as low as possible for PID, in EoC and even Pre-eoc, pid was determined on when you logged in, and you would spend hours getting the best pid possible. If you would like we can test this out, guarantee if you are not on a vpn you could never have a higher pid then i would, unless you unplug your router several times and spend hours getting the right ip.

Edited by happycamel5

I'm sorry maxi, but you are wrong. I'm not going to write a huge summary of what I am saying, but in 07scape PID is on your IP address the third set of numbers must be dividable by 8 and the last set of numbers must be as low as possible for PID, in EoC and even Pre-eoc, pid was determined on when you logged in, and you would spend hours getting the best pid possible. If you would like we can test this out, guarantee if you are not on a vpn you could never have a higher pid then i would, unless you unplug your router several times and spend hours getting the right ip.

Do you have any source confirming this? I would like to see it. Also, you can easily change the last number of your IP address to 1. No need to "unplug your router several times."

You're all wrong about pid lol.

Pid is 100% based around IP. Not anything about logging in before anyone, not about pressing follow to find it.

In runescape 2007, go to google and type in "My IP". There should be 4 sets of numbers. For example, 129.41.80.3

If the third number *80* is divisible by 8, and if the last number *3* is really low, then you have a great pid. The IP address I linked here is magnificent, hence why a lot of people use VPN's to stake to get new IP addresses. 

This is such BS. If you've ever staked, you know this isn't right. All this is is Ping, the delay in which your mouse clicks react with the server.

Let's say you're a staker. You stake someone called *Fanman1* on your first day of staking. He gets the first hit so he don't stake him anymore. The next day, you stake him again. He still has first hit. You don't stake him anymore etc. 

PID IS NOT BASED AROUND YOU LOGGING IN AND OUT OF THE SERVER. PID IS BASED AROUND IP 100%. How do I know this? Go test it out. Go to the duel arena with a friend, and stake him 50 times in a row and log out and in each time you stake. The person who got the first hit the first time, WILL HAVE FIRST HIT ALL THE OTHER TIMES, TOO.

Again, right clicking someone and pressing FOLLOW is your PING, not your PID.

This is also BS. You don't need a good angle. You don't need to right click. You don't need to wait till 1. All you have to do is have a better IP than your opponent. There's no reason to wait till 1 because all you're doing is spam clicking anyway and the server already recognizes your clicks.

If anything, use a delay, like cutting a gem before the stake begins. This will delay your characters movements and hide where you really are in the game. Let's say you're on one end of the arena, and your opponent is on the other side. Before the stake begins, you take your chisel and start cutting the gem. Left click on your minimap towards your opponent. The delay is so great, that by the time the stake actually begins and your character says "Fight", you instantly pop out right next to them because of the delay and take your opponent by surprise.

If you don't get first hit, don't worry. Just make sure movement is on. You want to utilize the forfeit box to the best of your ability. Running around it can lure your opponent and have them stop attacking you for a second or two. Within those seconds, you can get the first hit back because basically the fight just restarted since both of your attack animations are ready to begin again.

EDIT

o god i responded months after this was posted. o well. at least people won't read bad guides about pid anymore :[

EDIT AGAIN

Actually, you don't want to face your opponent. Idk why, but if you don't have a delay "Like cutting the gem", then never face your opponent, and never run towards them. The server will process your request faster for some reason than the person who's running at you and already facing you. No idea why though.

Just wanted to point out something. When you said Again, right clicking someone and pressing FOLLOW is your PING, not your PID.

I don't know how else to say it other than no way. When you're following someone your character is moved by the server, your internet connection has nothing to do with it. You could lag out and as long as you're still logged in you could be moving.

Also, if you are placed according to your IP, what happens when two people map to the same location? If players were mapped to a hash table based on IP, especially one so poorly designed where you want certain numbers to be lower, a lot of people would be competing for that same spot.

See this from the game engine team.

When the server processes players, it goes through them each in turn. If you are first in the list, you get processed first. In early versions of Classic, you always got put at the end of the list (if I remember rightly), so if you stayed logged in you would end up at the beginning of the list eventually. Being processed first meant you could catch up with people more easily when following them, which gave an advantage particularly in the wilderness with PVP. A low PID means you were at the beginning of the list, high PIDs were at the end.

This is no longer true, as you are now placed in a random place in the list and everyone else is shuffled up, so you don’t retain the same PID throughout your session. This makes things much fairer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9mCvdsB3QU

Go to around 40 seconds. This person is in the duel arena with many other people around. He says on his mic that "I have a .1 pid (The last digit in his IP because he's on a VPN). How does he know he's going to get it all? Obviously he got a VPN and his last digit on his IP is low.

Also, Maxi, ask kati about this. Tell her I'm willing to bet 100M *no joke this time :[* that it's about around IP, not logging in and out. It's not about getting a spot in the server. You and I can go test this out right now. Whoever gets the first hit, we'll both log out. Let's do this 50 times and we'll see who gets the first hit each time.

How do I know that it isn't about getting assigned a random spot in the server? I used to stake all day with friends on skype. We did fun stakes to *reset our luck*. We did these "Fun Stakes" almost everyday throughout the course of a month. My friend always got first hit on me, I have never gotten first hit on him. It might be because everysingle time we logged in, he got a better spot in the server, or it's because his IP is better. I have a 83.52 last two digits of my IP, and he has a 62.21 or something of the sort. 

Also, if you go and watch a stream of somebody staking with over 150m+, you'll notice they're almost always on a VPN. Why? Well, to prevent getting DDOS'd is one part of it, but the main reason is to get the first hit.

Sure, it doesn't seem logical, but it's how the Runescape servers are processed in 2007. The order in which you log in was implemented in 09 or 10 because Jagex finally found out it was unfair.

Lol are you seriously that retarded? I'm pretty sure Maxi know's ALOT more than you do about the RuneScape protocol. Your 'PID' theory is completely wrong, why would you base the index on the players ip address? If you have the index of 1 you're going to be processed before index 2 obviously. So player in spot 1 will have its combat actions processed first, queuing damage onto lets say for this arguement, the player in index 2. When player 2 is processed (after player 1), the game engine processes its queued hits, which player 1 dealt IN THE SAME CYCLE. If player 2 deals damage on player 1 the damage will be displayed in the NEXT CYCLE. Why? Because player 1 has already been processed, no player is processed twice in the same cycle. Please learn the game mechanics before trying to talk down to somebody like Maxi who obviously has more experience in the RS scene than yourself.