Driving Accident

Drewyboyo

1 hour ago, Drewyboyo said:

it was in my school lot with cameras, can easily calculate her speed, if that changes it.

when i tried to turn off into the grass to avoid her hitting me (having to have seen her coming once out of my blind spot) i can see the other driver, paid no attention to the road or me trying to see whats coming out, was basically hugging the line of the lot where i pull out and barely made it to my bumper

First, did you have any police called during this situation or did you just exchange information/insurance?

Never admit that you are at fault. 

Most likely insurance will find you at fault. There are some extremely rare situations where you will not be found at fault though most likely would not be in that situation. Since i'm going to assume you and the affected party is under 18, my own personal opinion is to pay her damages out of pocket as your insurance rates will sky rocket as young teenage drivers are at the "highest risk" thus leading to your insurance sky rocketing. Even if you can prove that she was speeding, she no matter what always has the right of way. Unless you were more than half way out when backing up and she hit you due to not paying attention as you said, then you can easily file a claim for that. I know it feels like it isn't your fault and that you've tried your best in avoiding this situation from happening but unfortunately these things happen frequently that cars being released are slowly being required to have "necessities" like back up cameras/side cameras/ and even turning cameras. Take this as a learning experience to back up extremely slow and to always double. triple check because there are a lot of extremely terrible drivers out there. 

Edited by Divergent07
  • Like 1

I can't even be sympathetic. you're at fault and she gets a speeding ticket... As a victim of a serious accident that resulted in broken bones, I'll tell you to take a driving course before you get back on the road... and

You can't seek sympathy here just because no one will give it to you in real life. You deserve to be at fault. 

Edited by Anomaly

4 hours ago, Drewyboyo said:

it was in my school lot with cameras, can easily calculate her speed, if that changes it.

when i tried to turn off into the grass to avoid her hitting me (having to have seen her coming once out of my blind spot) i can see the other driver, paid no attention to the road or me trying to see whats coming out, was basically hugging the line of the lot where i pull out and barely made it to my bumper

Cameras don't predict speed 

There's a reason we pay for insurance on a monthly basis, lol. Accidents don't even really go to court, unless there was a serious accident. 

My wife rear ended someone a few months ago (she was at fault, even though the person in front of her slammed her brakes). Insurance totaled out our car, and we used that to put a down payment on a new vehicle. Nothing out of our pocket. 

4 hours ago, Drewyboyo said:

length the camera can see,

how long the clip was,

calculate distance by time

? a 5th grader could do it

Lol have you ever seen a security camera? The quality is shit and they are basically in slow motion. They aren't iphone 10s sitting up there lmao 

But like i said regardless you pulled out in to her lane. Which means you failed to yield to the right of way, which puts you 100% at fault regardless of anything else.