APA Rooftop Agility

Apaec

Hey Apaec!

I bought your script today and used it for 20 minutes. I noticed how it handles the courses and I must say it's very bot-like.

When handling some obstacles the script will turn the camera too much unnecessarily, and eventual click on the mini-map to walk to the next obstacle. I've done 1-99 agility manually before and I found a quite nice tactic that allows me to semi-afk while running rooftops. I'm not using the camera at all. If next obstacle is not visible on the screen I will simply walk towards it by clicking on the tiles, not the mini-map. Namely, I find a good camera angle which lets me handle the obstacles with one click, no walking or rotating the camera. The only time I use mini-map is when I'm walking from the end of the course to the start.

This is an example of me doing falador rooftops manually
https://uploadfiles.io/jais0

This is an example of your script doing falador rooftops
https://uploadfiles.io/hi7nu

If you need any further explanation, don't hesitate to reply and I will explain it more thoroughly.

Hey :)

Thanks for the comments. In future, I would certainly like to implement something similar to this which keeps the camera at a fixed angle. Unfortunately, this would be a huge amount of work as I would have to write my own interaction & walking APIs which keep the camera fixed - this would risk reliability and would not benefit from the maintenance that the developers provide to the current API. Also, as i'm sure you know, reinventing the wheel is rarely a good plan.

I don't think the fixed camera setup would improve efficiency and i'm unsure as to whether it would affect detectability (probably wouldn't).

Nonetheless, thank you for this suggestion -- i've made a note of it :)

-Apa

29 minutes ago, Apaec said:

Hey :)

Thanks for the comments. In future, I would certainly like to implement something similar to this which keeps the camera at a fixed angle. Unfortunately, this would be a huge amount of work as I would have to write my own interaction & walking APIs which keep the camera fixed - this would risk reliability and would not benefit from the maintenance that the developers provide to the current API. Also, as i'm sure you know, reinventing the wheel is rarely a good plan.

I don't think the fixed camera setup would improve efficiency and i'm unsure as to whether it would affect detectability (probably wouldn't).

Nonetheless, thank you for this suggestion -- i've made a note of it :)

-Apa

Thanks for the reply, however I'm a bit surprised. 

I'm not talking about writing major codes for interaction and walking. The current interaction method uses the camera to rotate and find the object to interact with, if the object is not visible. You could easily write your own interaction method setting operateCamera to false and setting an arbitrary miniMapDistanceThreshold to make it walk using the main screen. I think (hope) you know what I'm referring to. By this, the fixed camera setup would make the script less bot-like because of the unnecessary clicks on minimap, while rotating the camera. This is a BIG detectability imo.

Also, as I'm sure you know, upgrading the wheel to make it more efficient is often a good idea. Imagine if cars were driving with wheels made of stone rather than rubber.

9 hours ago, Apaec said:

Hey,

Sorry to hear this. Mind I ask - what is the reason that you are looking for a refund? If there is an issue with the script, please let me know so that I can look into it for you.

You can submit refund requests to the OSBot staff here: https://osbot.org/forum/forum/150-refund-requests/

-Apa

I purchased this script last week. I began using it the day I bought it and only used it for about four hours in total spread over that day and the next. On the third day I was banned when I tried to log in. I did a lot of research when I bought this script thinking it would be safe, but I lost an account I had at least a thousand hours into. I believe I am well within the trial period you offer, but wasn't eligible to claim it because my account is newer. 

On 1/31/2019 at 3:05 AM, Stalenstruck said:

I purchased this script last week. I began using it the day I bought it and only used it for about four hours in total spread over that day and the next. On the third day I was banned when I tried to log in. I did a lot of research when I bought this script thinking it would be safe, but I lost an account I had at least a thousand hours into. I believe I am well within the trial period you offer, but wasn't eligible to claim it because my account is newer. 

I'm sorry to hear this :(

Bans are fairly random and this certainly sounds like you got unlucky. With that said, it is brave to assume that any script (or bot) is safe to use for any extended period of time -- jagex is very good at enforcing its game rules.

As I don't handle the store nor the payment system, I am unable to directly refund you, however to my understanding the OSBot policy specifies refunds are not given to users who recieve in-game bans. It is up to you to take the precautions to prevent bans and ultimately you use botting tools at your own risk. To help reduce your chances of being banned in the future, you might find this thread to be worth a read: https://osbot.org/forum/topic/124429-preventing-rs-botting-bans-v2/

Best

Apa

On 1/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, Woody said:

Thanks for the reply, however I'm a bit surprised. 

I'm not talking about writing major codes for interaction and walking. The current interaction method uses the camera to rotate and find the object to interact with, if the object is not visible. You could easily write your own interaction method setting operateCamera to false and setting an arbitrary miniMapDistanceThreshold to make it walk using the main screen. I think (hope) you know what I'm referring to. By this, the fixed camera setup would make the script less bot-like because of the unnecessary clicks on minimap, while rotating the camera. This is a BIG detectability imo.

Also, as I'm sure you know, upgrading the wheel to make it more efficient is often a good idea. Imagine if cars were driving with wheels made of stone rather than rubber.

I mean you're selling a script for $6 a piece, you'd think you would put the time to improve it, n if not lower the price.

21 hours ago, stonedgzuz94 said:

Hey could I get a trial please?

Certainly, trial started :)

6 hours ago, Fawk said:

@Apaec
Any idea why it doesn't loot the marks of graces in non-progressive mode?

Loots them normally in progressive mode though.

The mark looting should be independent from progressive mode, it's strange that this is what you've found. The mark looting is just based on reachability so presumably any issues with this would be rooted in the client. It is likely caused by a different factor, for example resizeable mode. If you're in resizeable, try switching to fixed? Alternatively, it could be mirror mode related. Are you also experiencing it on stealth injection?

-Apa

4 hours ago, Lighttimmy said:

Is there a way to not make the camera rotate? Im afraid to bot more then 20 mins at a time since this makes it very detectable. Having the option to turn this off would be fantastic!

Hey,

Thanks for the comment. You're not the first person to mention this, however i've not seen any legitimate players not move the camera - don't you think it would be more suspicious to always keep the camera fixed? Also, it would for sure reduce the efficiency of the script in terms of xp rate.

I could look into adding this as an option (in fact i've already made a note of this in my list of things to do).

Apa