Anyone know the knew bot rework jagex is doing?

xXHeidoXx

They know that if they ban all the bots, they would lose lots of players, damage the economy, and lose out on huge profit margins from membership

I think they definitely have the resources to know pretty consistently who does and doesn't bot, they just selectively ban people to make the more dedicated players feel better!

Edit: I think in the end it is a compromise - if they ban too many botters, they risk damaging the game. If they ban too few, they risk damaging the game

Edited by Apaec
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Apaec said:

They know that if they ban all the bots, they would lose lots of players, damage the economy, and lose out on huge profit margins from membership

I think they definitely have the resources to know pretty consistently who does and doesn't bot, they just selectively ban people to make the more dedicated players feel better!

Edit: I think in the end it is a compromise - if they ban too many botters, they risk damaging the game. If they ban too few, they risk damaging the game

I completely agree. With a big majority of players focusing either on pvp/slayer content if someone is forced to fish his own sharks or similar tasks just to be able to do what they want then many players will slowly stop playing.

I make some stress testing, they updated their detection system a bit but only in f2p. P2p isn't updated yet!

• Bots which run through tutorial island will get banned faster.
  • IP's get flagged faster!
  • They added much more datacenter IP's to the detection
  • Residantial IP's are fine for now

I do some more test's will update if i got more results.

Edited by Artifex

They wont update p2p in my opinion, they ban f2p players mainly because they know that the p2p Bots have of course paid to become a members account meaning they get money for it, there are a lot of bots that are p2p as well and like previous people have said bots contribute to the economy of RS massively so an increase of bans on p2p would damage that