Legal risk - bot farm - €750/month

doemorustig

Hi,

I've done some reading an research but I'm not quite sure what the LEGAL risk is with having a botfarm of your own.

If it makes you €750 per month and you sell all the gold you acquire to a goldselling website using my private Paypal.

Ive read about players being sued  by Jagex in 2015.

Anyone that has REAL experience?

Thanks!

That was in 2015, and i don't think Jagex will sue you before giving you a warning prior to that.

In 2015 there was a phishing email from Apparently Jagex which wasn't them ,about Jagex noticing your illegal activity , and wanting to sue you which is complete bullshit all they wanted were your runescape nudes those hacking bastards xD

10 minutes ago, doemorustig said:

Then how do people do it?

It really depends on where you live and how they would deal with you having a set amount of money being transfered to your bank account out of "nowhere"

They'll probably contact you if noticed and you'll have to explain, it's hard to say what would happen next. I'm not sure

If it's not very consistent and the amount isn't too high you'd be fine probably

Just withdraw from paypal lol, it isn't a problem until you make it one or someone else does. Selling a virtual currency on a game is laughable, i tell people I'm a virtual drug dealer to simps who actually pay for that shit.

Inland Revenue here never asked questions, cause I never did anything that required them too.

Also another tip:

Any regular/recurring payments or any purchase that you can put on paypal, do that. Means less transactions going into your bank accounts, even less questions. Plus it feels good to know you're kinda getting shit for free.

Edited by THS
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, THS said:

Just withdraw from paypal lol, it isn't a problem until you make it one or someone else does. Selling a virtual currency on a game is laughable, i tell people I'm a virtual drug dealer to simps who actually pay for that shit.

Inland Revenue here never asked questions, cause I never did anything that required them too.

Also another tip:

Any regular/recurring payments or any purchase that you can put on paypal, do that. Means less transactions going into your bank accounts, even less questions. Plus it feels good to know you're kinda getting shit for free.

Is it a good idea to just leave your money on paypal instead of transferring to the bank?

I heard that after a certain amount transferred on paypal you will get taxed. The amount I heard was $9000. So if you transfer up to $9000 in a year, you will get taxed and the only legal risk you'd be taking is avoiding taxes . With that said, this is only what I've heard as I've never dealt with that much traffic in my personal paypal so idk if its true or not but I'm sure if you just use something like BTC you'll be fine

8 hours ago, Antonio Kala said:

Is it a good idea to just leave your money on paypal instead of transferring to the bank?

I leave mine in there, most people here would be paranoid to because of the risk of chargebacks/refunds. I'm happy to leave mine because of my solid customer base, so to each their own.

'safe' in terms of someone else finding out? The only way an agency would find out about your paypal and your paypal balance, is if you tell them.

11 minutes ago, THS said:

I leave mine in there, most people here would be paranoid to because of the risk of chargebacks/refunds. I'm happy to leave mine because of my solid customer base, so to each their own.

'safe' in terms of someone else finding out? The only way an agency would find out about your paypal and your paypal balance, is if you tell them.

No, have you not read the horror stories of paypal being able to freeze/hold your money for however long they want 2?

Since they are not a bank they don't follow the bank's rules.