Will gold prices rise because of RS on Mobile?

Spectre

5 minutes ago, Clinkz said:

I honestly loved rs3 up until they introduced eoc. So as long as it doesn't go to that stage, I feel like the game is gonna do fine!

agreed man, runescape right before eoc was my favorite time. I didn't mean my pessimistic statement like that though, i just meant that if they can't come up with new content that isn't a good sign. Idc if they copy some of the good content of rs3, but if they can't come up with anything new there's a danger they'll copy the bad content. This becomes especially true in my mind due to how jmods are notoriously known for being so bad and ignorant at/towards many aspects of the game itself. This is the main problem with rs3 and i see it starting with osrs imo.

but anyways this isn't a thread about osrs dieing lol cus i doubt it will for a while at the very least. But yeah, i don't think mobile will skyrocket prices at all. Maybe a slight increase for the hype of it, but eventually it'll settle and continue the downward trend that we've been seeing since runescape started. 

17 minutes ago, Clinkz said:

Think about the staking addicts? These guys will be staking 24/7 buying and selling gold. Speaking from experience. Staking on mobile, in my opinion, will definitely be a thing.

Wanted to comment on this - DEFINITELY it'll be a huge thing (although i can see a lot of people getting pissed for losing a stake due to fat fingers lol), but it doesn't bring money into the game nor does it get money out of the game. Staking is already huge, i doubt a small increase in people wanting gold will be enough to significantly impact the market. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clinkz said:

Think about the staking addicts? These guys will be staking 24/7 buying and selling gold. Speaking from experience. Staking on mobile, in my opinion, will definitely be a thing. 

Makes sense!

Oh true, forgot about staking. Staking will definitely be a significant thing on mobile, since it really doesn't require focus and it's just gambling really. You could stake in school, at work, anywhere really, but I don't think that's going to be a permanent price raise for gold, only temporarily. Influx of new players will see people spamming gold selling websites at the G.E., buy some gold and it takes time for them to build up to the good money making methods. When that happens, the price will decrease back, since they can make their own gold and don't need to buy anymore. 

Honestly, if anything, gold might decrease. Players are able to play runescape more, meaning that gold was being generated faster than before. I'm curious to see what happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ForBobo said:

agreed man, runescape right before eoc was my favorite time. I didn't mean my pessimistic statement like that though, i just meant that if they can't come up with new content that isn't a good sign. Idc if they copy some of the good content of rs3, but if they can't come up with anything new there's a danger they'll copy the bad content. This becomes especially true in my mind due to how jmods are notoriously known for being so bad and ignorant at/towards many aspects of the game itself. This is the main problem with rs3 and i see it starting with osrs imo.

but anyways this isn't a thread about osrs dieing lol cus i doubt it will for a while at the very least. But yeah, i don't think mobile will skyrocket prices at all. Maybe a slight increase for the hype of it, but eventually it'll settle and continue the downward trend that we've been seeing since runescape started. 

I agree with this, accurately said!

It will, but not by much and not very fast.

Of the people that play runescape, only a small percentage of them will ever spend money at all, and an even smaller amount will spend more than 10$ .

Beyond on that, Mobile is not really meant to be a luxury for existing player (to add a moot point while i'm here, people who are already playing the game have either bought enough, buying, or will never buy. having little to no impact.) It is meant to attract a whole new audience who will have to first expose a long term interest into the game before investing anything into it. In addition to a new audience, it's a whole new platform. Mobile devices. Unless currency is being offered in game like the typical app store, they're not going to search the web or gold. The only new audience that will be spending on gold will be the bond buyers (This has little to no impact) or the poor individuals blindly buying into the spam bots in lumbridge for extremely overpriced retail sites. The majority of new players will be ages 8-12. Of course they have no source of income so their gold buying is extremely limited.

In the long term we will see items sharply rise in price and then hit new all time lows. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Asuna said:

It will, but not by much and not very fast.

Of the people that play runescape, only a small percentage of them will ever spend money at all, and an even smaller amount will spend more than 10$ .

Beyond on that, Mobile is not really meant to be a luxury for existing player (to add a moot point while i'm here, people who are already playing the game have either bought enough, buying, or will never buy. having little to no impact.) It is meant to attract a whole new audience who will have to first expose a long term interest into the game before investing anything into it. In addition to a new audience, it's a whole new platform. Mobile devices. Unless currency is being offered in game like the typical app store, they're not going to search the web or gold. The only new audience that will be spending on gold will be the bond buyers (This has little to no impact) or the poor individuals blindly buying into the spam bots in lumbridge for extremely overpriced retail sites. The majority of new players will be ages 8-12. Of course they have no source of income so their gold buying is extremely limited.

In the long term we will see items sharply rise in price and then hit new all time lows. 

The 12 year olds steal their moms credit card though 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Juggles said:

The 12 year olds steal their moms credit card though 

12 year olds aren't smart or active enough into looking for blackmarket sales. Especially not on mobile devices.  They will most likely go straight for bonds if they plan on paying2win

The ones who have been active on these black market forums were probably not looking for it orginally in the first place but just ways to cheat ie botting. This is just an assumption of mine though. I've never seen an app that has a trading system like RS.

5 minutes ago, Asuna said:

12 year olds aren't smart or active enough into looking for blackmarket sales. Especially not on mobile devices.  They will most likely go straight for bonds if they plan on paying2win

The ones who have been active on these black market forums were probably not looking for it orginally in the first place but just ways to cheat ie botting. This is just an assumption of mine though. I've never seen an app that has a trading system like RS.

I bought overpriced gold from a spam bot when i was 12 :feels: