RuneScape Mobile

ProjectPact

1 hour ago, Swizzbeat said:

Can someone please give me a rundown of what the purpose of botting RuneScape on mobile would be? Besides the bullshit "lower ban rates" argument.

The anti-ban would be weak at first for mobile considering the interactions with your computer are different than with mobile, mobile you tap on different parts without dragging your finger across the screen to get there, on PC you move the mouse. That's just one thing small but.

4 hours ago, Mumble said:

The anti-ban would be weak at first for mobile considering the interactions with your computer are different than with mobile, mobile you tap on different parts without dragging your finger across the screen to get there, on PC you move the mouse. That's just one thing small but.

No. Just no.

It's been shown time and time again that Jagex primarily rely on behavioral analysis. I could whip out a mobile RuneScape bot within a week, do you really think Jagex are releasing this without any sort of plan to combat automation? PC based botting will remain the best way to bot RuneScape unless there's some major training opportunity only the mobile client allows.

Just what I wanted. To play Runescape on a device which is 90% less efficient than the original platform it should be played on.

Because obviously our personal lives and leisure time will consist of playing Runescape on our phones whilst travelling, on a work break or in the cinema!

Spoiler

:boge: :facep:

Edited by Darren

On 7/17/2017 at 6:05 PM, Tom said:

Open osrs in blue stacks and setup an auto clicker. Jagex will think you're alching legit so no ban

just like how you cant get banned if you build something irl that presses your mouse button, right?

On 7/18/2017 at 0:03 AM, BangTwice said:

The nerds who actually play Runescape never leave their house. The fuck is the point of a mobile app lmao.

so they can play when they HAVE to leave the house, school, etc

On 7/17/2017 at 2:49 PM, Swizzbeat said:

No. Just no.

It's been shown time and time again that Jagex primarily rely on behavioral analysis. I could whip out a mobile RuneScape bot within a week, do you really think Jagex are releasing this without any sort of plan to combat automation? PC based botting will remain the best way to bot RuneScape unless there's some major training opportunity only the mobile client allows.

what do you know about anything?

i bet you don't even know what java is..

/s

1 hour ago, The Hero of Time said:

just like how you cant get banned if you build something irl that presses your mouse button, right?

so they can play when they HAVE to leave the house, school, etc

Except mobiles dont recognise mouse movement, just clicks and drags.

Regardless, on the Q&A they said they are confident they can handle phone botters lmao

On 17/07/2017 at 6:19 PM, Swizzbeat said:

Can someone please give me a rundown of what the purpose of botting RuneScape on mobile would be? Besides the bullshit "lower ban rates" argument.

- The ability to run 1-2 extra clients without having to purchase a VPN.

- The ability to monitor and interact with the botting session wherever you go without middleware.

Not the greatest arguments but some people may be willing to pay (or upgrade to VIP) for those perks.

Might still be worth it for some bot provider to implement this if only to gain some market share.

1 hour ago, Botre said:

- The ability to run 1-2 extra clients without having to purchase a VPN.

- The ability to monitor and interact with the botting session wherever you go without middleware.

Not the greatest arguments but some people may be willing to pay (or upgrade to VIP) for those perks.

Might still be worth it for some bot provider to implement this if only to gain some market share.

1) No. Goodluck running multiple instances of even the most optimized Android emulator on the average home computer. They're absolute pigs and I highly doubt an app like RS is going to be any less resource intensive.

2) I'm not sure what you mean here. I doubt Jagex will let you multi-log so if you want to interact with the botting instance the bot will still need to provide an interface to connect to.

I'm mainly trying to start these discussions as a way for me to tell if there's any pros to actually writing a bot for the mobile version but as of right now it seems completely pointless.

11 hours ago, Swizzbeat said:

1) No. Goodluck running multiple instances of even the most optimized Android emulator on the average home computer. They're absolute pigs and I highly doubt an app like RS is going to be any less resource intensive.

2) I'm not sure what you mean here. I doubt Jagex will let you multi-log so if you want to interact with the botting instance the bot will still need to provide an interface to connect to.

I'm mainly trying to start these discussions as a way for me to tell if there's any pros to actually writing a bot for the mobile version but as of right now it seems completely pointless.

I was assuming any 'mobile bot client' would actually be a mobile application itself, because emulating the mobile version of a desktop game on a desktop seems kinda ... backwards. 

1. I meant running extra instances on a phone,  not emulating the phone on a desktop to save resource (which as you pointed out: ew no).

2. Again, if the client runs on the phone, you can interact with it without middleware.

5 hours ago, Botre said:

I was assuming any 'mobile bot client' would actually be a mobile application itself, because emulating the mobile version of a desktop game on a desktop seems kinda ... backwards. 

1. I meant running extra instances on a phone,  not emulating the phone on a desktop to save resource (which as you pointed out: ew no).

2. Again, if the client runs on the phone, you can interact with it without middleware.

I'm still not fully understanding what you're trying to get at. You can't run multiple instances of an app on a phone, that's not how Android nor iOS OS's work. Writing the bot as an app that runs on the users device is plain stupidity since 1) can't do it on either iOS or Android without root and 2) it's trivial for Jagex to completely disable running their app on rooted devices.