Feedback on customer care portal webdesign

Botre

Hello all,

Spent the afternoon working on the frontend of a customer care portal for a product I'm building, your feedback would be most welcome.

Yes it uses bootstrap, yes I'm totally jumping on the gradient bandwagon, no I'm not switching to wordpress ew.

portal.png

Inspiration: (Slack help center, I'm pretty sure it's served by Zendesk Guide but I ain't spending 600$/year if I can write it in 2 weeks)

slack.png

Edited by Botre

1 minute ago, Botre said:

Hello all,

Spent the afternoon working on the frontend of a customer care portal for a product I'm building, your feedback would be most welcome.

Yes it uses bootstrap, yes I'm totally jumping on the gradient bandwagon, no I'm not switching to wordpress ew.

botre for president

2 minutes ago, QuakedM8 said:

It's a decent design but nothing special really..

Have a look at Material Design's documentation, some good points. -> https://material.google.com

Also for the header, is all the content under class because it seems like they're not all vertically aligned to the center.

Any particular points of the MD spec you recommend adding to what I currently have?  

I agree that it's an interesting standard but I tend too really dislike working with most framework implementations of it. Also hate the fact that most implementations are a pain to customize so you end up with an app that looks like every other google application, meh.

Thanks for pointing out the vertical alignement issue!

5 minutes ago, Botre said:

Any particular points of the MD spec you recommend adding to what I currently have?  

I agree that it's an interesting standard but I tend too really dislike working with most framework implementations of it. Also hate the fact that most implementations are a pain to customize so you end up with an app that looks like every other google application, meh.

Thanks for pointing out the vertical alignement issue!

Fair enough, however it is possibly really the cleanest 'design system' currently(fluent design sucks!)

Anyways, a point of suggestion would be re-working the menu/header. It just doesn't fit IMO, maybe use the beginning colour of the gradient as the background and work around with it.