Bot busting ban vs Macroing Major

Google

Inb4 someone says they are the same

What is the difference between Bot busting(Ban) and Macroing Major?

As for my opinion about this is that i think bot busting ban is that you got caught by the system but reviewed by the osrs team , and got manually banned. As of Macroing Major i think the system is 100% sure you're using Macros , and bans you. 

30 minutes ago, PulseImpulse said:

As for my opinion about this is that i think bot busting ban is that you got caught by the system but reviewed by the osrs team , and got manually banned. As of Macroing Major i think the system is 100% sure you're using Macros , and bans you. 

i think the same

17 minutes ago, okaymate said:

a botting ban detected by the anticheat system will look like this:

f78e752fc7ef770692ea581482936650.png

Yeah well this is quite interesting why does it happen that mostly the progressed accounts get to be banned by bot busting does it mean that they are 100% detected by the anti-cheat but they want to check it , and then ban it? or is it that the anti-cheat system doesn't 100% detect you but instead is suspicious so that it needs to be approved by a mod?

It's also weird that sometimes i get double Macroing Major bans on my gold farming accounts like you see 2 offence on the same date

21 minutes ago, PulseImpulse said:

Yeah well this is quite interesting why does it happen that mostly the progressed accounts get to be banned by bot busting does it mean that they are 100% detected by the anti-cheat but they want to check it , and then ban it? or is it that the anti-cheat system doesn't 100% detect you but instead is suspicious so that it needs to be approved by a mod?

It's also weird that sometimes i get double Macroing Major bans on my gold farming accounts like you see 2 offence on the same date

not sure, It might depend on the mod in charge of taking care of the abuse or the automatic anti cheat system.

I have had some accounts with double macroing bans in the same date but mostly werent permanent I think..

when i got manual ban the comment was only something like "macroing in oldschool" instead of this half page long bullshit.

Edit: found the screenshot. It is still macroing major, but im pretty sure that this was hand done by Weath. Strange that it was not rwt or something else, i just muled on this acc, never botted.

banned.PNG

Edited by Ggecco

Bot busting ban is when a bot identifies your bot and you get banned for it. It's justified: if a computer can tell you're botting, you're doing it wrong.

A macroing major is when you get caught botting by either reports or player moderators. In this instance, there's room for human error, but also there's room for forgiveness. For instance, if you get caught and you don't bot afterwards, your ban can be forgiven (as has happened with my account).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

my opinion is that bot busting moderate bans come from being reported  which leads to a flag. Then a mod will come and confirm for the ban. Macroing majors are more towards gold farming scripts which to jagex is more severe because you make money in game and potentially irl if you decide to sell the GP, which is a huge loss for jagex and will get you perm banned. I've gotten 2 temp bans, both times I left my computer for a bit (I usually always baby sit) and was at sand crabs, someone tried to talk to me and I think they reported me. Which led to a bot busting ban. On the other hand when you get caught for gold farming they usually lead to perm bans. Botting combat usually gets you a temp if you get caught. Most temp bans are from being reported though, that's why if you bot in a popular area you should babysit. If there was an auto "detection system" for 3rd party software, every bot would be picked up right away and banned, but that's not the case lol. BTW Chinese own majority of jagex, and they are the ones who control the gold farming companies lol, what a coincidence.

47 minutes ago, stonedgzuz94 said:

my opinion is that bot busting moderate bans come from being reported  which leads to a flag. Then a mod will come and confirm for the ban. Macroing majors are more towards gold farming scripts which to jagex is more severe because you make money in game and potentially irl if you decide to sell the GP, which is a huge loss for jagex and will get you perm banned. I've gotten 2 temp bans, both times I left my computer for a bit (I usually always baby sit) and was at sand crabs, someone tried to talk to me and I think they reported me. Which led to a bot busting ban. On the other hand when you get caught for gold farming they usually lead to perm bans. Botting combat usually gets you a temp if you get caught. Most temp bans are from being reported though, that's why if you bot in a popular area you should babysit. If there was an auto "detection system" for 3rd party software, every bot would be picked up right away and banned, but that's not the case lol. BTW Chinese own majority of jagex, and they are the ones who control the gold farming companies lol, what a coincidence.

how the hell did you even find this 2 year old topic and why would you bother commenting on it