Need Help picking out a Macbook

Jordan

it is good to see so many satisfied customers:troll:

4 minutes ago, phony said:

Just bought a new 2017 macbook pro, expensive as fuck, but great laptops. Main reason I got one is because I will be needing for next year

why did you insist on buying this specific brand though?

• 2 weeks later...

Idk what every1 else in this thread talkin bout but you can get with a little effort of scooping arround ebay for under $750 and craigslist a 13inch macbook pro 2015.. i was using it until last year, perfectly good enough specs and pre decent battery life even on a used 1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EARLY-2015-MACBOOK-PRO-13-RETINA-A1502-2-7Ghz-8GB-RAM-128GB-SSD-OFFICE-2016-/162591609125?hash=item25db371125:g:6gkAAOSwpHFZaRQ~

Edited by DrDu

So retina's not important unless you really want that resolution, I would definitely recommend researching your pick, some specific models scattered through are a mess for things like hinges breaking, I would of course recommend that if you make sure you get the fully supported i5/i7 and not the 2C/4T, while they aren't bad, the price difference wouldn't be much for more physical cores and threads, I have a 2012 edition myself with 2c/4t its still working fine with newest OSX, but its starting to get a bit less snappy(Sierra uses a lot more memory than older OSX's) I would definitely recommend getting more than 4 GB ram if you're wanting to run the latest(El Capitan will run fine with 4), I mean a kit of 8GB is only like $50, just make sure to research the get ram with the right timing and speed, or else it might not work with the laptop.

Here's a link of a website that documents mac editions fairly well, not sure if links are allowed, if not please remove:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/index-macbookpro.html