scripting on Mac

Fibonacci

Hello guys I want to start scripting, I've got some basic knowledge but I learnt it all on windows. Now the only computer that i have available is a Mac (i know its bad) 

The tutorials on here are different for mac and I'm wondering if theres any scripters that are using mac also and if they can point me the right direction.

What program should I use, and what are common differences between windows and mac?

Thanks in regard :gnome: 

54 minutes ago, DoraTheExploda said:

wow didnt think anyone would argue, overpriced and no tutorials on anything! :(

Well, since we're working with Java here, the whole idea is that it is platform-independent. That means you write the code in the exact same way as you previously would have, so standard tutorials would still apply!

Overpriced? perhaps. But don't forget that macs are reliable, stable, pretty, well optimised and have decent in-house software!

Anyway, you can always get the community / free version of intelliJ, can you not?

-Apa

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Apaec said:

Well, since we're working with Java here, the whole idea is that it is platform-independent. That means you write the code in the exact same way as you previously would have, so standard tutorials would still apply!

Overpriced? perhaps. But don't forget that macs are reliable, stable, pretty, well optimised and have decent in-house software!

Anyway, you can always get the community / free version of intelliJ, can you not?

-Apa

Yes theres a 30 day trial, but im already stuck at pathing the osbot.jar file lol