client using too much memory

aftabdear

Similar issues here. Very frustrating as well. Client can just end up freezing and not responding to anything. I tried to attach JVisualM to the bot but OSBot's SecurityManager doesn't allow it.... Next I tried to use JProfiler which did manage to attach. I haven't found anything promising yet but I'm pretty sure there is atleast one memory leak in the client.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LIVING said:

Are you on a linux server? Most likely no audio driver installed so RS plays music and over time the memory leaks.

Solution: install sound driver OR turn off the sound on rs

Ye have had this issue on t0pb0t as well, but that was a long time back. I'll double check on my accounts but I'm pretty sure that they didn't just change sound settings out of nowhere :P

26 minutes ago, Krulvis said:

The same leak appeared on t0pb0t so I am used to disabling sound on my accounts. This is not the issue. Something else is causing memory leaks...

Is it possible OSbot is not allowing the garbage collector to properly identify which pieces of memory are no longer in use? No matter what I try I cant get ram useage to go down if I walk around runescape for a while, which leads me to believe the map isnt being released from memory.

also, sometimes objects which I nulled earlier get return as not null when null checking them.

Edited by IDontEvenBot

Just now, IDontEvenBot said:

Is it possible OSbot is not allowing the garbage collector to properly identify which pieces of memory are no longer in use? No matter what I try I cant get ram useage to go down if I walk around runescape for a while, which leads me to believe the map isnt being released from memory.

I really doubt that OSBot isn't allowing for GC to work :D As my scripts go, I thought they were the cause of memory leaks, though checked and rechecked and didn't find anything. Doesn't mean that I'm any good at identifying these though 

1 minute ago, nosepicker said:

I really doubt that OSBot isn't allowing for GC to work :D As my scripts go, I thought they were the cause of memory leaks, though checked and rechecked and didn't find anything. Doesn't mean that I'm any good at identifying these though 

maybe not OSbot could have been the OSRS devs when they put the new minimap in game but my clients can get up to almost 2gb if I walk around long enough