We need active mods in the marketplace.

RoomScape

Too often when I come on I see random bs going on in the marketplace. Not necessarily people scamming, but just general bs that just shouldn't be there. I seldom notice what the mods do in the marketplace because I myself cannot see their actions due to my inactivity and a number of other reasons, but it seems like every time I come on I notice something else in the market that shouldn't be there. To make matters worse, the post or thread has been lingering around for a couple hours or more which just adds to the problem.

I understand that mods are a voluntary position and don't get paid - for the most part? - but they're supposed to be moderating the forums and adhering to the rules of the site. I get that it may be hard but that includes every section of the site and not just the section that you would prefer to moderate or the section that you feel is easy to moderate. Again, I can't see what the mods currently do so I'm not claiming that they do nothing, but if their hands are full then we really do need more staff as the market is pretty bad at the moment.

While I do realize that I can simply 'report' the threads and posts, that would take a while and as much as I love this site, that is not my job. I do not get paid or any benefit whatsoever for simply scouring through the forums to find threads and posts to report. I know that mods can't find everything and reporting is a good thing to help them with things that they may miss, that's exactly what it should be used primarily for - things that they miss. Reporting should not be the primary things that moderators do to moderate the forum.

I'm not trying to pick any fights or point fingers at anyone but we do need to address the issue about the marketplace and the somewhat lack of moderation in this section. If even promote one or two market mods who are active then that would be suitable - if the current mods aren't active or would rather not moderate the market section for whatever reason. The only downside I could possibly see to this is that we have an issue where someone takes the position to try scamming which I'm sure is already in everyone's minds so whatever the outcome is needs to be thoroughly evaluated.

But please have something done in the market. It's bothersome to come on here and always see some random stuff going on in the market with people shitposting or unrelevant threads or all of the other random bs that takes place in the market.

3 minutes ago, Muffins said:

u should stick to one thread

The other one was a discussion thread. This is feedback with all the information gathered from the discussion thread.

Same counts for a SDN manager. Maybe for approving free or VIP+ scripts only, but also to check if the scripts in the SDN are still working so it doesn't get loaded with an insane amount of broken scripts. Last week I've send a PM to Alek with a list of scripts which are probably broken. I don't mind testing them because it will keep the SDN clean and clears space for other scripters (like me), but I don't own all the scripts ofcourse.

And why not have a community manager aswell? Which actually picks up feedback and does something with it instead of threads like these which probably won't make any change...

If there were to be a mod just for that section, i think they would not to have any active account sales to avoid scams. (not everyone is a scammer) But i dont wanna see (MODERATOR)( Lifetime Sponser) sellin mains... type posts. as for 500 post count to sell i think theres just gonna be alot more spamming for newer members that wish to try and sell. Kind of a hit or miss messing with the section could make life easier or could make it annoying. No reason to give someone authority if its not 100% needed. Maybe new users selling have to have 200 pc and 30 days on the forums idk

5 minutes ago, daamurda said:

If there were to be a mod just for that section, i think they would not to have any active account sales to avoid scams. (not everyone is a scammer) But i dont wanna see (MODERATOR)( Lifetime Sponser) sellin mains... type posts. as for 500 post count to sell i think theres just gonna be alot more spamming for newer members that wish to try and sell. Kind of a hit or miss messing with the section could make life easier or could make it annoying. No reason to give someone authority if its not 100% needed. Maybe new users selling have to have 200 pc and 30 days on the forums idk

I agree with last part.

But maybe make it longer than 30.

It may suck for people wanting to come here & sell, but that sucks, this forum has been around long enough & the market has been being used for years, so they'll just have to wait.

1 hour ago, Mikasa said:

I agree with last part.

But maybe make it longer than 30.

It may suck for people wanting to come here & sell, but that sucks, this forum has been around long enough & the market has been being used for years, so they'll just have to wait.

But I don't see how that will deter scammers. You make things too strict and new users will get annoyed and you make it too lax and there will be continuous scam reports. 

Even though, that doesn't necessarily stop scammers. It just makes them have to post a bit more than before but that's that. The best way in my opinion to deter scammers is to just have educated users who won't fall for stupid scams.