Need help with VPS

Magerange

So in the upcomming days (most likely end of this week) I am going to purchase a VPS from Contabo.
However, I am not familiar with VPS and Linux in general, therefore I would need some help choosing the right VPS for my needs and my optimal farm size, setting up Java, OsBot, LibreOffice Excel (is that how you call it?) (don't ask why, it's complicated), perhaps something more (your recommendations what I need to have in order to run a farm). Would be awesome if we could do it through TeamViewer, so you only have to show me this once.

I am willing to pay with 07GP for the described service. Feel free to PM me if you are willing to help (would be nice if you live in Europe because of the timezones, but if we can manage it, then it's no problem).

I hope this is the right section to post something like this... :doge:

Edited by Magerange

31 minutes ago, Magerange said:

service. Feel free to PM me if you are willing to help (would be nice if you live in Eurpe because of timezones, but if we can manage it, then it's no problem).

Glad you're choosing Linux! The learning curve is a little steeper than others, but it's a very rewarding experience.

I would not recommend Contabo however, as their network isn't the best due to all of the people DDoSing off of it. Vultr has some really good pricing for VPSs, and they don't overprovision resources. Another cheap host is OVH, a lot of people seem to recommend them.

Unless you're know what you're doing you should start off with an easy-to-use OS like Ubuntu. Ubuntu has a lot of support right out of the box, and the community is filled with people who are also learning.

Installing Java and Libre Office is as simple as running a few commands!

• Like 1