Increase in tutorial island bans?

Vap0r

Over the past 2 weeks or so I have seen a general increase in tutorial island bans.

Typically any accounts made within a 2-3 hour window of the daily "ban wave" are completely wiped out, is anyone else experiencing similar issues? I have been analyzing all of our data but I am unable to pinpoint exactly thats going on.

Bought 50 tut accounts from muffins like 3 weeks back, never botted on any of them, Today all 50 of them are banned... Didn't even touch them how is that possible?

12 minutes ago, Vap0r said:

Over the past 2 weeks or so I have seen a general increase in tutorial island bans.

Typically any accounts made within a 2-3 hour window of the daily "ban wave" are completely wiped out, is anyone else experiencing similar issues? I have been analyzing all of our data but I am unable to pinpoint exactly thats going on.

19 minutes ago, daamurda said:

i dont have a tut farm. but in i guess the past month ive noticed alot of posts on there ban going up

Yeah that's what i've figured , most are about locks which is easily bypassable, but it only seems I am getting bans at or around the time of a ban wave, so im assuming either it's a script issue, however literally everyone's over all success rate for tutorial island has gone down, realistically it was around 95% success a few months ago, now you might be lucky in the 75 % range.

16 minutes ago, Kind said:

Bought 50 tut accounts from muffins like 3 weeks back, never botted on any of them, Today all 50 of them are banned... Didn't even touch them how is that possible?

Bots could of been "marked" before they complete tutorial island, and if they do a delay ban it wouldn't hit until you logged into the account for the first time.

12 minutes ago, ez11 said:

jagex mods probably also browse botting forums and when it seems like every 2nd person here opens a tut island acc shop they probably look a little closer at fresh accounts coming into the game, especially since botters make it so easy for them by usually not registering their emails

Jagex doesn't ban according to no emails being register, or my entire farm would be hit at once, it has nothing to do with people opening account shops too, It's not like mass creators aren't obvious when you see a cluster of 50+ accounts running through, Probably during one of the recent runescape updates they targeted Tut island so they can eliminate more than they were doing beforehand.

Still in the works for getting my stuff together. My tut script doesn't use webwalker anymore and i have a bit of anti-pattern stuff in there. Most accs ive tested so far have been on my home or work IP which both have had several accs botted and my 14 yr old main perm banned.

I've had 2 accs that i actually use for script development that were made with my acc creator and autoran my tut script -- 1 has a 2 day ban only after an over night suicide bot and the other is 100% botted 50+ combat stats in the last 1 week and its good.

I think the biggest issue is the script itself...no new player will fly through tut island in 8 minutes. 

On a side note, on my home and work IPs now i have to log in to RS3 or the website in order to set a display name -- which is super shitty. My partner doesn't have to do it, so it's telling me my IPs are flagged

0 bans in the last 3,900 accounts i made since sunday

14 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

I have close to 300 tut accounts made from approx 20 days ago. Unused and rested for 20 days. All wiped out yesterday when I try to use them for the bot farms.

bad proxy

Edited by dmmslaver

7 minutes ago, dmmslaver said:

0 bans in the last 3,900 accounts i made since sunday

bad proxy

Yeah ok

23 minutes ago, Polymorphism said:

Still in the works for getting my stuff together. My tut script doesn't use webwalker anymore and i have a bit of anti-pattern stuff in there. Most accs ive tested so far have been on my home or work IP which both have had several accs botted and my 14 yr old main perm banned.

I've had 2 accs that i actually use for script development that were made with my acc creator and autoran my tut script -- 1 has a 2 day ban only after an over night suicide bot and the other is 100% botted 50+ combat stats in the last 1 week and its good.

I think the biggest issue is the script itself...no new player will fly through tut island in 8 minutes. 

On a side note, on my home and work IPs now i have to log in to RS3 or the website in order to set a display name -- which is super shitty. My partner doesn't have to do it, so it's telling me my IPs are flagged

I appreciate the information, might need to fiddle around but I do believe our tut script really is close to as good as we need it, the same script to achieve 95% 1 week then 65% seems alittle unheard of for me, but I will definitely look further into this.

The whole issue with display names is if its inappropriate sometimes runescape just "removes it" so youll have to go log in and add it, even when my IP was black listed i didn't have to do this.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

I have close to 300 tut accounts made from approx 20 days ago. Unused and rested for 20 days. All wiped out yesterday when I try to use them for the bot farms.

Well if the accounts were marked as bans during creation it wouldnt matter how long you waited, bans would of occurred, for me I would of probably logged into all about a hour after he/she completed tutorial island, then see how many were banned then, my guess 300/300 would of been banned if you tested a hour after receiving them.

3 minutes ago, Vap0r said:

Yeah ok

Seriously. Their tut detection is worse than anywhere else in the game.

Just now, Vap0r said:

Well if the accounts were marked as bans during creation it wouldnt matter how long you waited, bans would of occurred, for me I would of probably logged into all about a hour after he/she completed tutorial island, then see how many were banned then, my guess 300/300 would of been banned if you tested a hour after receiving them.

This

Edited by dmmslaver