Do you think Samsung will survive in the near future?

They're trying to sever ties with google so they can control both software and hardware (similar to Apple). However, iOS and Android are the two biggest OS's right now and making a third is gonna fail (i.e. Windows Phone).

Do you think Samsung will succeed with their own OS?

1 minute ago, skeetballs said:

They will most likely never actually sever ties with google due to the play store. Without that key content devices wont sell.

They want Tizen OS to compete with iOS and Android. Do you think they will be able to pull this off?

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

Amazon did it and seemed to turn out fine.

Yeah but Fire OS is based off of Android. They didn't reinvent the wheel - this is what Samsung is tryna do.

2 hours ago, Noidlox said:

They're trying to sever ties with google so they can control both software and hardware (similar to Apple). However, iOS and Android are the two biggest OS's right now and making a third is gonna fail (i.e. Windows Phone).

Do you think Samsung will succeed with their own OS?

Too late for that, Android and iOS control the market.

41 minutes ago, Solution said:

Them trying to create another OS is going to be completely and utterly worthless, because there's no proper incentives to move away from the market controlling OS' 

2 hours ago, Prolax said:

Too late for that, Android and iOS control the market.

My thoughts exactly but what if they invested like 10 Billion in just software development alone to combat iOS and Android?

It's not probable but Samsung is trying to taper off from Android. (i.e. Intro of Bixby)

5 minutes ago, Noidlox said:

My thoughts exactly but what if they invested like 10 Billion in just software development alone to combat iOS and Android?

It's not probable but Samsung is trying to taper off from Android. (i.e. Intro of Bixby)

People need to be discontent with the old OS before even considering switching. It's the same with everything really, even if their OS is somehow slightly better, it wont be that much better so that it's worthwhile to go through to hassle of switching over. 
That being said, Samsung phones are still going to be bought regardless, and I'm not sure how much of a decline in phone sales they would see if the OS wasn't all that great compared to android or iOS.

Kinda comes down to it's not worth for them, but it won't kill them if they do.

Just now, Solution said:

People need to be discontent with the old OS before even considering switching. It's the same with everything really, even if their OS is somehow slightly better, it wont be that much better so that it's worthwhile to go through to hassle of switching over. 
That being said, Samsung phones are still going to be bought regardless, and I'm not sure how much of a decline in phone sales they would see if the OS wasn't all that great compared to android or iOS.

Kinda comes down to it's not worth for them, but it won't kill them if they do.

Interesting. I'm curious as to how Samsung is gonna play this. Every tech giant is trying to control both sides of the game (software and hardware). Hence, google creates nexus then pixel phones...

Side note: Nexus 5 (The Original One) was and still is imo, the best Android phone to date. Nexus 5 on 4.4.2 + GravityBox is like an iPhone + Untethered Jailbreak + 50 Premium Tweaks

1 hour ago, Noidlox said:

Interesting. I'm curious as to how Samsung is gonna play this. Every tech giant is trying to control both sides of the game (software and hardware). Hence, google creates nexus then pixel phones...

Side note: Nexus 5 (The Original One) was and still is imo, the best Android phone to date. Nexus 5 on 4.4.2 + GravityBox is like an iPhone + Untethered Jailbreak + 50 Premium Tweaks

I'm a oneplus OnePlus fanboy hehe