Testing local scripts issues

hero3128

Hey guys, i have a quick question i havent been able to find a workaround for.

When coding and testing local based scripts, each time you compile and test the script, you cannot edit and recompile the script because the IDE thinks the script is still open/active by osbot. Is there any workaround for this other than restarting the client each and every time you wana test out a change? Thank you!

1 minute ago, Zappster said:

I've never once had this issue.            

What IDE are you using?

Are you connecting your IDE to OSBot via the -debug cli?

Im using IntelliJ, its the same problem if i want to try to delete the .jar out of the /OSBot/Scripts folder so i dont think its the IDE. And no im not connecting the IDE to OSBot

5 minutes ago, hero3128 said:

Im using IntelliJ, its the same problem if i want to try to delete the .jar out of the /OSBot/Scripts folder so i dont think its the IDE. And no im not connecting the IDE to OSBot

I've just tried to replicate but I can't. Weird :/

Try starting osbot with -debug cli and connect with your ide, you'll be able to stop the script from running from there.

36 minutes ago, hero3128 said:

If i export the script as the same jar Intellij gives me an error as if the file is still open in another program

42 minutes ago, Aiban said:

Just export the script into the same jar and it should work, to delete the jar you have to close OSBot

I'm sorry to stray off topic a bit, but when you're exporting to a jar file, is your script running/showing in osbot?

im also using IntelliJ, but when I drag the jar file to the scripts folder, the script doesn't show up. When I use the .class, it works perfectly fine. LOL 

On topic: have you closed osbot before Rebuilding the artifacts?

41 minutes ago, Phaibooty said:

I'm sorry to stray off topic a bit, but when you're exporting to a jar file, is your script running/showing in osbot?

im also using IntelliJ, but when I drag the jar file to the scripts folder, the script doesn't show up. When I use the .class, it works perfectly fine. LOL 

On topic: have you closed osbot before Rebuilding the artifacts?

Script is not running anymore and to rebuild to artifact, i have to close osbot or else it wont work

2 hours ago, hero3128 said:

If you are rebuilding the same artifact it will work fine. Intellij states that there is an error, something along the lines of unable to delete .jar, but it still works. Just make sure you press refresh in the script selector on OSBot.

1 hour ago, Phaibooty said:

Why are you dragging the .jar file to the scripts folder? In the artifact settings just set the path to the scripts folder. 

40 minutes ago, hero3128 said:

Script is not running anymore and to rebuild to artifact, i have to close osbot or else it wont work

In what way do you think that it is not working?

Have you tried doing something simple like, changing the script name in the script manifest attribute, rebuilding the artifact, then refreshing the script list in OSBot and seeing if the script name changes?

Edited by Explv

5 minutes ago, Phaibooty said:

@Explv sorry, I didn't mean to say drag. When I build artifacts the jar file is in my scripts folder. But doesn't show up in osbot.

read on one of your other posts that I might have to bring some sort of folder over in the artifacts menu. 

Will try when I'm home.

Have you verified that the .jar is not empty? You have to make sure you add the "compiled output" to your .jar in the artifact settings (by moving it to the left hand side) like in this image (sorry not OSBot specific because I'm on my phone)

default-artifact.png

Edited by Explv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Explv said:

If you are rebuilding the same artifact it will work fine. Intellij states that there is an error, something along the lines of unable to delete .jar, but it still works. Just make sure you press refresh in the script selector on OSBot.

Why are you dragging the .jar file to the scripts folder? In the artifact settings just set the path to the scripts folder. 

In what way do you think that it is not working?

Have you tried doing something simple like, changing the script name in the script manifest attribute, rebuilding the artifact, then refreshing the script list in OSBot and seeing if the script name changes?

I haven't tested to see if the script actually DOES get updated even if IntelliJ states it cannot delete the artifact. I will test and get back to you!