Scripter 1+ Requirement for Private Script Sales

Team Cape

Should we have a Scripter 1+ Requirement for Private Script Sales?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Scripter 1+ Requirement for Private Script Sales?

• Yes
    • No

Looks like private script sales are becoming an issue, and the market is pretty oversaturated. This seems like a good solution

Currently, almost all of the scripters without ranks don't know what they're doing - nobody has even seen their code. Look in the private scripters section and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about. People don't know what they're getting with random people making scripts for them. It's easier to just leave it to the actual scripters. worst case scenario, someone applies a basic script to the SDN and waits for like a week before selling scripts. it's not banning people from the market. it's an initial gateway.

tl;dr -> private script code is unfiltered and unchecked. only people who've had their code seen should be able to sell scripts. 

Edited by Imateamcape

"There's competition, let's try to eliminate competition". I vote no.

Even further, OSbot barely supports private script sale disputes so it should be at the buyers discretion whether or not to buy from them. Having a requirement is just silly. Look at extreme scripts. If they make these requirements they should be obligated to support the buyers in these matters. 

Edited by turkoize

8 minutes ago, Juggles said:

Eh I don't think its that big of a deal. 
Private scripters are based a lot off of reputation. 
I still get a good 1-2 requests a day even though there is a lot more competition now. 

Most buyers when buying a private script would rather pay a little more for people with more sales than cheaper new people. 

I highly disagree. People are trying to scrounge low prices most of the time, however I don't think that means we should just make it easier for those who can't compete.

1 minute ago, Final said:

I highly disagree. People are trying to scrounge low prices most of the time, however I don't think that means we should just make it easier for those who can't compete.

It depends on the people that are requesting scripts. Sometimes I'll quote someone 15m on a script and they'll says "Wow thats so cheap", then you have others saying "OMG 15m, it should be like 3m".
It's a free market so I just ignore the people that don't want to pay the price for high quality scripts from trusted users. 
At the end of the day, I lose nothing by declining cheap scripts while others are out here doing slave labor for a $2/hour 

• Like 1