Tell me about your personal statement when you applied for college/university

Sofakin

Ok since nobody is helpful/still 15 or are dropouts I'll give some advice since I just wrote mine for graduate school.

Make your personal statement captivating off the bat while conforming to their requirements. The guys in admissions read these on the daily so make sure they don't groan when they read your shit. Some people say sob stories are cliché but if it's true it's true. Make yours unique, make it something they haven't seen before so they don't associate you with everyone else, unless you go somewhere like ASU where nobody gives a shit. I'd say more but I'm too drunk. 

Edited by turkoize
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, turkoize said:

Ok since nobody is helpful/still 15 or are dropouts I'll give some advice since I just wrote mine for graduate school.

Make your personal statement captivating off the bat while conforming to their requirements. The guys in admissions read these on the daily so make sure they don't groan when they read your shit. Some people say sob stories are cliché but if it's true it's true. Make yours unique, make it something they haven't seen before so they don't associate you with everyone else, unless you go somewhere like ASU where nobody gives a shit. I'd say more but I'm too drunk. 

Really appreciate your input :)