Odds of getting a recently bought account unbanned

Irvo

Title pretty much says it, and yeah I am aware you shouldn't bot on an account which has some personal wealth to you, I've been through all that :D
So what actually happened is, I purchased an account, botted some shit the same day and it instantly got perm'd the next day, wasn't a long botting session, like 6 hours or so.

What are the odds of getting it unbanned if I manage jagex support to look into it? I mean they should notice all the different IPs that have been on it. Account was bought via MM so 3 people were on it in a short period of time.

16 minutes ago, jajajajaja said:

I sold a zerker to a friend once, he botted the account's stats up for a few days and got perm banned, I done a recovery & got the account unbanned for him. So if the OO does a recovery appeal you have a good chance of getting it unbanned tbh

Interesting, but I doubt the OO would do that for me. I don't trust people in the account trading business in general. Bet he'd keep the account once recovered.

20 minutes ago, Dard said:

Then why would you buy an account in the first place?

Same reason as everyone else has. I am just not that naive and trust everyone I am buying accounts from, that's why I always demand a MM.

Dude seemed fairly legit jugding by his vouches but still, I don't trust anyone but me when it comes to that kind of trades.

If my attempts on getting unbanned get rejected obviously I'd contact the seller as my last hope.

2 minutes ago, bobcat20 said:

if hes gna rat u out a day later then why buy it

I have experienced this shit already, I have bought an account, got banned months after for botting.

Contacted the Person I have bought the account from who was a friend of mine in the Runescape scene for a long time, talking about years.

He got the account unbanned indeed. Unfortunately he was a greedy person and cleaned the entire bank but I didn't know about it.

Months after he told me he fucked up and I could have the account since I paid for it but he took the entire bank, which was very huge.

It's just I rather see the account banned than someone fucking me completely up and making profit from my mistakes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irvo said:

I have experienced this shit already, I have bought an account, got banned months after for botting.

Contacted the Person I have bought the account from who was a friend of mine in the Runescape scene for a long time, talking about years.

He got the account unbanned indeed. Unfortunately he was a greedy person and cleaned the entire bank but I didn't know about it.

Months after he told me he fucked up and I could have the account since I paid for it but he took the entire bank, which was very huge.

It's just I rather see the account banned than someone fucking me completely up and making profit from my mistakes.

Never buy an account to use as a main

The key is to make more money than you bought it for. That's why most people just buy zulrah accs to bot.

I wouldn't trust even trust trusted sellers. The only difference between trusted and non trusted sellers is that the trusted seller sells 100+ accs and utilizes his rep to sell more before recovering them all at once like a year later - whereas non trusted just recovs it a week after selling.

9 hours ago, Switzzz said:

Unfortunately your best bet is having the OO try to recover and have the ban quashed. Not like you have much to lose at this point, you are not going to be successful in recovering the account. Just compensate OO for their time and effort. And don't bot on the account again :P

I did make an appeal, I am fairly optimistic it will get unbanned once it is looked into, what are your thoughts?