Proxy Question

Isolate

Does the client support proxies that support multiple protocols (HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS4/5) themselves or must it be strictly SOCKS4/5
I was doing socket work for stuff and found if I wanted to use the SOCKS feature when using a socket on proxies with multiple protocol support like this I Needed to reflect and tell it I wanted v4
(If I didn't i'd get SocketException: Malformed reply from SOCKS server)

and I was wondering if the client has this support for it's runescape stuff or not.

Well, you definitely can't connect to jagex binary data stream with HTTP protocol, however I don't know mean. Are you asking if the client can connect to a proxy server that hosts both HTTP, SOCKS4, and SOCKS5 on the same port?

I recommend using separate ports for your http and socks proxies. 

1 minute ago, dmmslaver said:

Well, you definitely can't connect to jagex binary data stream with HTTP protocol, however I don't know mean. Are you asking if the client can connect to a proxy server that hosts both HTTP, SOCKS4, and SOCKS5 on the same port?

I recommend using separate ports for your http and socks proxies. 

Just asking if the client has support for proxies that support all the protocols through one address.
They can be used for things like this if the support is in place (like 10-15 lines of code)
was just curious if it's a thing that is in place for like ease of life 

1 minute ago, Isolate said:

Just asking if the client has support for proxies that support all the protocols through one address.
They can be used for things like this if the support is in place (like 10-15 lines of code)
was just curious if it's a thing that is in place for like ease of life 

Is there a specific reason you don't want to put them on separate ports? 

2 minutes ago, dmmslaver said:

Is there a specific reason you don't want to put them on separate ports? 

I'm not sure whether it's a case of a pool of all the types on one side vs a proxy that can actually support all protocols, and having them all in one address is useful for me

1 hour ago, Isolate said:

I'm not sure whether it's a case of a pool of all the types on one side vs a proxy that can actually support all protocols, and having them all in one address is useful for me

They can be on the same address. 

EG i run 1 proxy server with HTTP on port 2000 and SOCKS5 on port 2001

edit: well shit

Edited by dmmslaver