Anyone that can provide me some knowledge?

Darren

Hi,

Basically I went on a night out (first genuine night out involving drinks in a while as I was 8 months sober), obviously when you're intoxicated or under the influence you don't really have a clue of your surroundings and you're oblivious to what's going on.

Ended the night, coming to the realization that once I was home I had my wallet/phone stolen. Reason I know that is because it was secured within my trenchcoat and I had taken it off on multiple occasions. Thankfully the contents inside was only bank card/s, vip cards for 3 stores, travel accommodation card and £50. Good thing I decided to leave my license.

Obviously I had done all the basics such as cancelling my cards on any transactions coming out (withdrawing) and informed everywhere else of which I had cards and details to. Ordered replacements and all that mallarkey.

I'm just wondering, seeing as they have my phone and partial bank details would they be able to acquire specific information about myself and possibly impersonate me? e.g social media or other applications. I'm unable to track it and the lock features that Microsoft offer doesn't work. Also would I be able to withdraw money from my bank association in branch? I assume I can if I provide ID/bank statements.

It's the first time I've actually had someone pickpocket/thieve something from me, especially on a night out. I rarely lose any of my item property, just annoys me how on this one occasion I lose it and how the wallet and content of it is basically rendered useless to them because they can't use it. + they've probably taken the £50 that was within it, so I don't know why they couldn't just return that. I guess some people lack common decency and they're thieving twats.

Thanks for any info & guidance in advance

idk if this is a srs post also Idk why you wouldn't have your license with you if you were out drinking clearly was not a bar, so you can go back to your friends house or wherever you were and ask who was there maybe but in regards to getting your information stolen your phone didn't have a lock on it? and since you canceled the cards all the thieves have are a bunch of numbers that don't work and your name on that card. so I think you're good 

Edited by Dark_Mist

5 minutes ago, Dark_Mist said:

idk if this is a srs post also Idk why you wouldn't have your license with you if you were out drinking clearly was not a bar, so you can go back to your friends house or wherever you were and ask who was there maybe but in regards to getting your information stolen your phone didn't have a lock on it? and since you canceled the cards all the thieves have are a bunch of numbers that don't work and your name on that card. so I think you're good 

this

15 minutes ago, Dark_Mist said:

It is serious, also considering it's my first genuine encounter so I'm just cautious as to what they can access and what they can't. It was a bar, I had other forms of ID I had taken which was inside my trouser pocket rather than my wallet.

No lock on the phone, as stupid as it sounds I didn't think it'd be necessary then I realise that they're are thieves about on a regular basis anywhere so...

But thanks anyway for the clarification! D'you know anything in regards to withdrawing money w/o a card? My replacement doesn't come I believe till Wednesday and I need to pay for gas etc on this coming Monday

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sincere said:

It is serious, also considering it's my first genuine encounter so I'm just cautious as to what they can access and what they can't. It was a bar, I had other forms of ID I had taken which was inside my trouser pocket rather than my wallet.

No lock on the phone, as stupid as it sounds I didn't think it'd be necessary then I realise that they're are thieves about on a regular basis anywhere so...

But thanks anyway for the clarification! D'you know anything in regards to withdrawing money w/o a card? My replacement doesn't come I believe till Wednesday and I need to pay for gas etc on this coming Monday

they can impersonate you , but they wont lol

you can withdraw money without a card in your bank

i am quite familiar with this occurence, except for my wallet was returned all the time, only loss is the card cancellation fee, I didnt have any money left in the wallet by the time I was pickpocketed

best case scenario theyll throw away your wallet and someone walking the dog find it and  will contact you via facebook or such

if you phone was stolen too you should change your password that is all ( or change just the master pass )

better luck next time, dont leave your shit unattended

Edited by gearing

1 hour ago, Sincere said:

pretty sure you're in the clear as they cannot withdraw any money with canceled cards, and they do not know your pin number. You can just go to any Local Branch they should be able to print you out a new debit card on the spot, also it would help if you clarified what form of ID was taken like a school ID or Gym Membership isn't much but you know, can be used online as a fake picture verification maybe also Think long and hard about what you saved on your phone like any Social Media you just have to click the app no need to login, same with Email should change pw's asap

Edited by Dark_Mist

1 hour ago, gearing said:

they can impersonate you , but they wont lol

you can withdraw money without a card in your bank

i am quite familiar with this occurence, except for my wallet was returned all the time, only loss is the card cancellation fee, I didnt have any money left in the wallet by the time I was pickpocketed

best case scenario theyll throw away your wallet and someone walking the dog find it and  will contact you via facebook or such

if you phone was stolen too you should change your password that is all ( or change just the master pass )

better luck next time, dont leave your shit unattended

Thanks fella

35 minutes ago, Dark_Mist said:

pretty sure you're in the clear as they cannot withdraw any money with canceled cards, and they do not know your pin number. You can just go to any Local Branch they should be able to print you out a new debit card on the spot, also it would help if you clarified what form of ID was taken like a school ID or Gym Membership isn't much but you know, can be used online as a fake picture verification maybe also Think long and hard about what you saved on your phone like any Social Media you just have to click the app no need to login, same with Email should change pw's asap

Yeah I've gone through each social networking password change procedure. Oh, they have no ID of mine :) was just stating that I brought a long other forms of ID that wasn't my licence :D

More so annoyed that they have my VIP Pets at Home card which took an absolute age to register and receive, but hey it's life eh...

Thanks again, will go in branch on Monday

4 hours ago, Dark_Mist said:

print out a cc on the spot? wtf are you coming from?

9 hours ago, Dark_Mist said:

Examples: Chase,TD,BOA if you lose your Card just go to a local branch and they will issue you one on the spot lol, a CC is different from a Debit Card FYI 

I see, well that is customer service in the States, here in the Old World you got to wait....

• Like 1